Not open for further replies.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    This was on AGS's Facebook page:

Just wrapped up at the Indiana State House, and am pleased to share with you that S.B. 0243 for the legalization of using suppressors while hunting has passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee. We appreciate Down By The Tracks Guns, Front Toward Enemy Firearms, SSNFA, and Jason for joining us and showing their support in getting this bill passed into law.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd SWEAR I read somewhere that Indiana DNR were going to o.k. suppressors for hunting if passed by state legislators, but they were NOT going to allow suppressors for hunting whitetail or turkey.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    What exactly should I say (how to word it) when I email our senators to help make this law? I've never emailed anyone for something like this.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Hows this sound? <pun intended>

"I would like you to vote yes on SB243 so Hoosiers can begin taking advantage of the benefits of using a sound suppressor while hunting. I know many Hoosiers will be grateful for your concern in potential hearing loss suffered from the unsuppressed report of firearms while hunting. Thank you for your vote."

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Phone calls and snail mail would help a lot too :yesway:

Those are kind of hard for me to do. Im currently stuck in Hawaii for 8 more months so mail would probably be to late and my time difference is 5 hours. So if I start calling now I have about 4-5ish hours to call them all?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Those are kind of hard for me to do. Im currently stuck in Hawaii for 8 more months so mail would probably be to late and my time difference is 5 hours. So if I start calling now I have about 4-5ish hours to call them all?

I bet snail mail wouldn't only take a week or so. and You could at least call the ones that represent you directly. Emails are good too, I was just suggesting to print one or two and mail to your direct reps.

:+1: for taking the time to send emails though

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    :faint: Well got that done. The Dems sure do make it a lot harder than the Reps for mass emailing. Overall it was pretty easy to do using the link posted above. If you haven't done it yet, I recommend it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom