• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    The law has not been repealed just yet but it is on the way. It is now out of committee and unless something odd happens or the goof-balls in Indy/Garry/Fort Wayne stack the deck then it will more than likely go through. Keep those letters going out to your state senators and congressmen.

Thanks for the clarification

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    So freaking glad this passed. Will be nice to coyote hunt at night and not worry about waking the neighbors. Then there's the added benefit of not having to worry about wearing ear protection while hunting. Will be able to hear the woods. :)

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I just stumbled onto this interesting thread. Having just participated in INGO's NFA Noob Day 2013, I have the fever. I had always just assumed (I'm learning to not do that with legal matters) that using a suppressed .22 would be perfect for eliminating varmints tearing up my yard at night. No big deal.

Then I read this thread and find out that it's ILLEGAL to do just that, despite the logic of it. Figures.

By page 3, I learn that the law has changed and that it's now LEGAL to do just that. Funny, this internet time compression. :)

I wonder how I missed the big announcement of this IC change? I read all about the law changing for automatic knives on July 1. Nothing about hunting with suppressors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wonder how I missed the big announcement of this IC change?

Because you are one of the two or three people on INGO that do not hang on Kirk's every word.:D

I answer an e-mail on week on this. It is like everything else, people are busy with the kids, the bills, my life, my wife, etc.

It is good news none the less!

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Because you are one of the two or three people on INGO that do not hang on Kirk's every word.:D

Perhaps I should work on that. I've never been much of a rebel, so being part of such an exclusive group doesn't sit very well with me. My error has been duly noted. My apologies, sir. :):

blownz28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Greensburg
    Man, I am so glad this is finally over. I've been anxiously waiting for my stamp to come in, wondering if I was ever going to be able to use it in Indiana. I really dont like earplugs.

This thread compelled me to join the board.

Now, to get a sub 6.8 load worked up:):

Rossko85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Great stuff to know! So if I have my suppressor I can hunt or take anything as long as it is not a deer and/or a turkey? That is how I am reading the law...clarify for me.

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Great stuff to know! So if I have my suppressor I can hunt or take anything as long as it is not a deer and/or a turkey? That is how I am reading the law...clarify for me.

The way I understand it, It is legal to use as long as you are legally hunting (ie in season). Remember who the heck am I???

BTW is there anyway to edit the first post to show the laws changed??? Was fun digging through 11 pages to see the outcome.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    why the confusion I have a friend who is a state trooper and he says its legal. was there not a change in the law?
    When this thread was started, almost 5 years ago, it was illegal to use a suppressor to hunt. This last summer (2014) the DNR dropped the suppressor prohibited language.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom