• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I got a pair of Wolverines with 800g. I wear a couple pairs of socks. As long as it isn't below mid 30's I'm fine. Quick question: I was recently told that if you wear boots with regular uppers a deer will pick up on that and won't cross your trail. Any truth to that?

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I got a pair of Wolverines with 800g. I wear a couple pairs of socks. As long as it isn't below mid 30's I'm fine. Quick question: I was recently told that if you wear boots with regular uppers a deer will pick up on that and won't cross your trail. Any truth to that?

What are you considering regular uppers? Leather?

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Spring for the Rocky boots,take care of them and they will last a long time,1000 thinsulate will keep your feet warm. Side note i once read somewhere that if you put anti persperant on your feet,no sweat, no damp socks,feet stay dry don't get cold. have yet to try this,cause Rocky's keep my feet warm.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I WEAR 1000 GR ROCKY WHEN IT GETS COLD == BUT THIS TIME OF YEAR I WEAR 400 GR WINCHESTER I BOUGHT A PAIR OF SURVIVOR 400 GR FROM WAL MART LAST FALL THEY ALREADY LEAK

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The Redheads do say 1000g on the tag. They are comfortable boots, I think I also made the mistake of buying them on the small side. My feet are wide and with heavy socks they are a bit snug. That might have also led to the cold factor as I can't wiggle my toes well..HA!

Basspro is a drive to exchange, prob a good boot but I need a bigger pair.

Saw Rural King had "Winchester 9" Insulated Camo Leather Boots'
    on sale for $59.99 reg $84.99
    Also "Columbia Mossy Oak Rubber Pull On Boots " with 1200gr. Thinsulate for $64.99

Don't know if they are any good or have wide sizes. Might give them a call and ask.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    These are what I think I am going with along with a polypro liner and medium weight smartwool sock.

These fit the widest without feeling like I had sangbags on my feet. Think these are good boots?

Rocky Men's Timberwolf 800-Wide - Dick's Sporting Goods

Dang, I got home and wore the boots around the house. I noticed a seem that was stitched wrong leaving a gap. My luck!

Took them back and got a pair of Field and Stream Trophy Hunters, 800g. I went up to a 11.5W and it seems to fit the bill. Gore-Tex, 800g, and vibram sole fo 79.99. If they suck I will make them snow shoveling boots.

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    I've hunted a lot-I look for light weight. Muck Boots are great to 30 F after that I use Browning 1000g for actice hunting & LaCrosse Pac boots for blinds & stands. I had a year old pair of Rockys leak during a Canada hunt, if it had been cold the trip would have miserable

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    $59.97
    Thats a deal. Don't know what S&H is but that is a good price.

If you buy $100, you can get free shipping or $10 off with coupon, just google it.

They are rubber boots and will not last 20 years, but are warm and scent free and last 5 years. I and my hunting partners all use them.

Top Bottom