• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    I wouldn't think so, I don't think just because a shotgun sports nice furniture or tactical accessories doesn't mean you can't use it for dual roles (hunting and home/self defense).

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Any reason that wouldn't make sense?

Bird hunting, I mean.
    It might make a lot of sense if it helps you to get the proper fit which is 110% of what makes sense when shooting at birds or moving targets. For a synthetic stock it has good 870 ergonomics and plenty of spacers and risers to work with.

I am planning to make one with a MOE set for ATV/hunting use and be my new truck and traveling shotgun. An 870 that can ride along for up to a week on an ATV, be compact and still hunt fairly well. Probably a 21" VR barrel and choke tubes as well.

This gun will also be for use with my old trusty rifled slug barrel. Add a cheek riser to the stock, toss on the barrel, now it is a big bore rifle :cool:.

The other option IMHO for this gun of mine is the Mesa Urbino but the MOE stock has somewhat similar grip ergo's to a pistol grip without having to have one. Also, for bird and pass shooting the MOE would better.

It is also incredibly easy to add or remove a light form all MOE stocks, which I already use on both my hunting AR's. So when I travel one or two lights can cover all guns in camp as needed, from Glock to AR to shotgun.

Top Bottom