• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Until a week ago I had but a small fraction of the number of birds Ive had the past several years. Its pretty back to what it used to be now. Is there documentation about the red food coloring being bad for the birds or is it just the popular narrative? I did some searching and couldn't find the source of that info.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Until a week ago I had but a small fraction of the number of birds Ive had the past several years. Its pretty back to what it used to be now. Is there documentation about the red food coloring being bad for the birds or is it just the popular narrative? I did some searching and couldn't find the source of that info.

sugar is cheaper that is why i use it and i don't use any dye

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This little guy perched on the top rail of our porch swing several times today, I guess resting in the shade. He likes to hover in front of the patio door and look at the dogs. He always shows up if our female dog is by the door.
    72CD79EC-1A3C-454A-B6BE-32168A1470E2.jpeg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Finally have a couple hanging around. Had two at the cabin also. Put out feeders but they didn't care. The wildflowers had them satisfied.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Anyone see a drop in the hummers at the feeders lately? I've been refilling feeders daily up to about 4-5 days ago and now the last refill is on its 3rd day and it doesn't seem like there's as many chowing down at heavy feeding times. Seem kinda early for them to start heading south.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Here on the Ohio River it seems like they’ve picked up the pace for the last week or so. From early afternoon until almost dark they have been constantly buzzing around the feeders.

Top Bottom