• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm posting this here because I didn't see a more appropriate forum to put this in and I wanted to publicly thank Diver Dan for what he did last weekend. He deserves a very big "thank you" from me and I wanted all of our fellow INGO members to know what a stand-up guy Diver Dan is.

A few weeks back I had posted a thread in the "Great Outdoors" forum that I had a couple of deer stands that I wanted to give away.

Diver Dan contacted me via a PM and we made arrangements to meet up at Jasper-Pulaski State Wildlife Area (JP) at the end of the deer season, the original plan was to meet at JP on Monday January 3rd. The agreement was that we would meet at JP, pull the stands out of the woods and load them on Dan's truck.

However, a big snow storm rolled through northern Indiana on Saturday January 1 and had a slight impact on our original plan. Instead of me hunting that day, I had a little window of time in the morning to pull the stands out Saturday morning and get back home before the bad weather rolled in and messed up the roads.

I tried to call Dan on Saturday morning to let him know about the change of plans. Since I go right through his town on the way home and thought I we could just meet there. Unfortunately I didn't get Dan on the phone when I called so I left a message. He called me back about 40 minutes later but I was already almost home, so it didn't work out to drop them off on Saturday.

I still had another trip to make to JP because I still had two more stands that I needed to pull, and also planned to help a hunting buddy pull two of his stands, total of 4 stands. So I agreed to meet Dan on Monday morning on my way back to JP to give him the two stands that I had pulled on Saturday morning.

I met Dan as planned and loaded the two stands onto his truck on Monday morning. But before we parted ways Dan offered to ride along with me to JP to lend a had pulling my other two stands, which on the surface seems like a fair trade. But I explained to Dan that one of my stands was a long haul from the parking lot, about 3/4 mile and part of it through some non-tended fire trail (tall grass) and then through some thick woods. I also told him about my buddy's two stands that planned to help pull. Dan said no problem and off we went. On the way I told him that if he wanted to I would take him home after we got my two stands out of the woods, that he didn't need to hang around to help with my buddy's stands. But Dan not only helped me pull my two stands, but my buddy's two stands as well. My two stands involved 2 1/2 miles of walking, half of that carrying two 65-pound ladder stands, not to mention getting the stands down, loading them on the truck, and all that in the cold temperatures which ranged from about 5 degrees in the morning to a high of 19 in the afternoon. My buddy's two stands involved close to another two miles of walking, carrying, loading, etc. By the time we had finished loading all four stands, it was after 3pm.

It was a hard day's work. Any deer hunter knows the work involved, and we worked our butts off. I think Dan got himself into a lot more than he bargained for, but he never complained once and we had some great conversation all day long. My friends and I can't thank Dan enough. I don't think we would have finished on Monday without all of his help.

I just wanted the INGO community to know that there are some very fine people among us, and Dan is on the top of the list.

Dan, thank you so much again for all of your help!!!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    ^^^^^ AMEN ^^^^^

Thank you for posting this Mark. This is exactly what this group of nut bags collectively called INGO is all about!

It warms my heart to read these sort of stories.

We're all in this together and we're not here forever, so we might as well make the best of it and help each other out where and when we can.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Thanks Mark , I appreciate it . Its always better to have 2 guys to make it easier , I know what its like to do stuff by yourself , not fun.But we had a good time and got it done safely , I appreciated the deer stands too , they will help me out a lot.If you need a helping hand with something let me know , I am retarded and I have some free time.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    INGO is an awesome site...that is why I fought for 3 years to get re-instated after doing stupid stuff....I love this site, and the people are the best!

Top Bottom