• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    What I say on a public forum, and how I feel about the reality of interaction with BATFE may or may not be identical. I feel it is wise to steer a person who knows nothing about the NFA world in a knowledgable and safe direction. I'd be glad to engage you further on this, but it would have to be via email or PM. I suspect, however, that our viewpoints are not too askew on this matter.

I agree. I am usually the one who sounds very restrained in talking about these matters. I usually argue with the same guy about engraving his SBR over and over again. He says he doesn't have to because he's read two different things. Stupidity. I have read that the moon is solid rock and I've also read it's cheese. Picking one over the other just because I feel like it can make me look like a real tool.

This particular tool had me so mad one day I just flat out called the tech branch and spoke with a technician. Didn't seem to phase Mark when I told him.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Having a FCG or just the carrier group does not constitute "combination of parts from which a machinegun..."

Do NOT worry about your M16 carrier group that you paid a pretty penny for because it had a properly staked key and an MP tested bolt. You will be fine using it

I don't think I indicated anything to the contrary. Hell, I even said you might be OK with one M16 part, and that several AR manufacturers used M16 bolt carriers in their semi-auto products.

Do NOT even think about buying a FA FCG. That's pure intent, either for now or for later. That WILL get the ATF up your rectum.

So you're saying the issue is with constructive intent, not with the fact that BATF may consider the parts + a semi-auto AR to be a machine gun, if they can get it to fire more than one round on a single trigger pull. Bottom line is you're playing with fire either way and the practice is best avoided.

I think we're just talking past each other here; you and I and VUPDblue are probably in agreement on the broader issues.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yes, I think we are all in agreement. Now we're just tripping over each others dic.....

...closed....

...because it's gotten too off-topic...

...and the OP's question has been answered ad nauseum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom