how to you change the fiber optic rod on a truglo sight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    After installing the ultimate striker block on my m&p and putting the rear sights back in, i noticed a crack in one of the fiber rods. These are my first set of fiber sights. I looked on youtube but couldnt find anything specific to truglo.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    if its a standard sight, then you just buy the fiber optic rod of the color you want, use an exacto knife to cut it an 1/8 inch over and use a lighter to melt the ends without burning them. I practiced on a piece of rod before I did my first, the trick is to hold the flame as far away as you can but still get the rod to roll over and "mushroom" enough to stay in the sight.

the rod comes in long lengths and most people who buy some have plenty left over

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    if its a standard sight, then you just buy the fiber optic rod of the color you want, use an exacto knife to cut it an 1/8 inch over and use a lighter to melt the ends without burning them. I practiced on a piece of rod before I did my first, the trick is to hold the flame as far away as you can but still get the rod to roll over and "mushroom" enough to stay in the sight.

the rod comes in long lengths and most people who buy some have plenty left over

Yep, never let the flame touch the rod. The procedure is pretty much the same for all fiber sights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom