• ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Haha, fun read.

I wonder if the "feet, calf, thigh, buttocks and shoulder" method would really be like hitting the ground at 24 MPH.

I can't say anything about the exact speed, but perhaps some of the airborne guys can. I do know that was the way we were trained to hit the ground when skydiving, and it's exactly the same technique used in judo, with one exception. In judo you're taught to slap the ground when landing as this distributes further force across additional body area.

Keeping your crap together to pull this off without a chute would make you a candidate for the clenched cheeks award I think.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    There was a paper I wrote back in college that dealt with a study about cats falling out of city hi-rise buildings. We're talking a couple of decades ago but, IIRC, something like 3-5 stories were often fatal. The odds of survival *increased* when above five stories... the cats had time to spin around, go face down, and s-p-r-e-a-d o-u-t. This action slowed the descent by drag and there were incidents of feline survival of 30, 40, 50 stories.

I'm thinking that if I can spin around and face the ground, that the drag from my open mouth, screaming like a little girl, will likely slow my fall.

Top Bottom