How to escalate a situation as a armed guard - a step by step visual guide.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    [NSFW] language.

This is what happens when you give someone minimal training and put them on a site with a uniform and a gun. This guy should have never been offered a job. Don't stop listening when the camera hits the ground.
    [video=youtube;eT3xFT7HaCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3xFT7HaCA[/video]

From the Youtube description:
    Published on Jul 10, 2016
    The incident occurred Saturday, July 10, at approximately 2:49 a.m. at 2010 13th St N

The security guard confronted the victims about urinating in the parking garage. The guard then boxed in the victim's car with his golf cart-style vehicle. During the confrontation, the security guard pushed the victim, then knocked the phone from the hand of a second victim who was videorecording the incident.

The security guard fired his weapon at the victims. The victims fled.

The security guard unlawfully entered the victim's car and removed shell casings from the scene, resulting in additional charges.

Security guard Farqharson was charged with 2 counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, battery, tampering with evidence, and burglary of a conveyance.

Farqharson works for a private security firm, Iron Eagle Security, which provides security in City of Tampa parking garages.
    ===========
    A security guard is now in jail and facing multiple charges after this confrontation Saturday night in a Ybor City Parking Garage late Saturday night. Limited details are available at this time. It is reported that the security guard may have been blocking the subject for possibly urinating in the parking garage. It appears the guard knock away the camera shortly before he fired multiple gunshots at the victim.
    31 year-old Everoy Farqharson of Iron Eagle Security was booked into the Hillsborough County Jail after arrest made by Tampa Police.
    No injuries reported

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good thing he had miminal training.
    He shot multiple times and there's not victims ... imagine if they trained him to use a gun.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow! That's insane! I am honestly having trouble finding an adjective to describe that... Good point Sylvain

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Also I'm not sure why they kept asking the security guard to call the cops.
    If you are threatened by someone you call the cops yourself, you don't ask that person to call the cops for you.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I assume he tried to shoot at the guys as they were running away.
    Or he shot in the air in anger, not sure.

Either way ... :nuts:
    Well, the description reads that the security guard shot at the victims as they were running away. (no video of this though.)
    Also I'm not sure why they kept asking the security guard to call the cops.
    If you are threatened by someone you call the cops yourself, you don't ask that person to call the cops for you.
    I see what you're saying. I think the vehicle owner and the other person (people?) with him were basically trying to say "If you think pissing is such a big deal then call the cops and let them deal with it. You are not a cop." Which is absolutely correct. No way I would put myself in that situation the way that guard did over someone urinating in a parking garage.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Oh sorry for the typo… What's the point. A discussion of tactics, training or mindset?
    All three would be a good topic of discussion. As a armed guard myself, I watched this in horror and thought it would make for a fantastic example of what NOT to do in this situation. As most people who carry are aware, we have a tool to be used in self defense and should remember that self defense does not mean escalating the situation to a point in which you feel the need to use your firearm.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    All three would be a good topic of discussion. As a armed guard myself, I watched this in horror and thought it would make for a fantastic example of what NOT to do in this situation. As most people who carry are aware, we have a tool to be used in self defense and should remember that self defense does not mean escalating the situation to a point in which you feel the need to use your firearm.

Good point.

Not that I really need to know, since I don't intend to become a security guard nor am I in the habit of urinating in public, but since you mentioned that you are a security guard I have to ask how you would have handled this? Not trying to be a smart-ass, just curious as to what recourse a security guard actually has in situations like this.

jessek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2016
    Shelby Co
    My phone went stupid trying to watch. I've picked up enough in the comments though, along with the article included. Why would you get so incredibly out of hand over someone taking a leak??? Now day the victim was armed and returned fire, how would that have turned out? I'll keep my angry comments to myself.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    True, the security guard did not have the temperament for the job, let alone to be carrying a firearm. A simple call to the police for public intox was called for, IMO (mostly because the pissing dudes were being raging a-holes).

But, in the end, I think karma "balanced" the books. Nobody injured, incompetent security guard gone, and I'm thinking the a-hole dudes got to take a dump (though involuntarily) in the garage as well as a leak.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Good point.

Not that I really need to know, since I don't intend to become a security guard nor am I in the habit of urinating in public, but since you mentioned that you are a security guard I have to ask how you would have handled this? Not trying to be a smart-ass, just curious as to what recourse a security guard actually has in situations like this.

Hello 911 .. I'm a sec guard over at the mall and there is a guy with his worm out in public.... Yeah kids are here, indecent exposure come and get him , thanks.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I love the haymaker the cop tried to land about halfway through. He about put himself on the floor with that one.

The guards body language told the whole story early on. Standing there, not knowing what to say, shifting his weight back and forth nervously, propping his leg up. He was in over his head, and was trying to hang on to his pride.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Good point.

A simple call to police to let them know what was happening with vehicle and driver information if possible. Confront? Nope. Prevent from leaving? Nope. Write a report and be done with it.

Top Bottom