• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I just purchased a S.A. Range Officer .45. The sights are difficult to see - there is no white dot or any light gathering capability of the sights - just the plain dull metal dark finish.

Is there something I can/should "paint" the front blade and rear target notch sight with to make it visible ? I don't want to replace the sights at this point - I want to wait until I get a few more rounds through the gun and also do more research re: trijicon or other sight type.

Is there a luminescent paint or something else I could use ? And if so, where could I obtain it ?

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    You can try fingernail polish or pick up one of those paint pens from craft stores. I have used both and they have worked equally well and have held up to regular cleaning. Another plus of these is you can try different colors and if you don't like it, its not hard to remove. I personally prefer white....

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sometimes I'll raid my wife's nail polish for a good color to paint up some sights. If you don't like the color or it just doesn't work, it's easy to take off.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    +1 for nail polish, i've used it a few times, works great, easy to do, and dear wife always has some.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Is white-out still on the market? I have used that for the front sight and for freshening white dots.

Red nail polish is an acrylic lacquer I think, and I always have a bottle around.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I use a toothpick to paint the front sight of my revolvers with Model Master brand, fluorescent red (FS28915) paint. I believe I purchased it at a Michael's craft store. It dries a bright orange-ish color. It is miles better than the hunter orange looking fingernail polish I tried.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Not a really good pic but you get the idea.. I don't see the standard Glock sights very well and this helps me find them.. Green/Yellow nail polish and a little creative taping.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

34sights-1_zpsdb584910.jpg

Cowboy76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I just paint the sights on 2 of my pistols yesterday. The wife got me the brightest green nail polish she could find. So far so good

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I picked up some hobby type paint from walmart in fluorescent green and pink. I applied it with a toothpick, it worked great. you can cover it with a clearcoat finish, or leave it like it is. either way it has a tendency to wipe off, but the bottle of paint is large enough to coat several times.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Apply two fine coats of White-Out. Let it dry. Color over White-Out with fluorescent Marks-A-Lot. I chose Orange. Takes very little time and chances are you have the materials already or work does!

IMG_20130324_121210_816.jpg

Top Bottom