• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I've enjoyed rucking... I frequently do 3miles with 35lbs. I rucked a bit with the group on the north side, but it's not always easy to get my schedule aligned with when they ruck.
    Part of the testing we do for a red card (wildland firefighting) is 45 lbs. for 3 miles in 45 minutes, no running. The instructors say "If you get done in 30 minutes, you get a red card. If you get done in 44:59, you get a red card. Don't kill yourself." One guy just behind me a few years ago apparently didn't listen. Had a heart attack and died. The paramedics on station brought him back. I don't think he got a card that year.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Those are some great numbers. I'm still building up to all of those.
    To be honest it's not as impressive considering my size, but it was a goal of mine. There are a lot of guys a lot smaller than me that have reached the 200/300/400/500 milestone

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    To be honest it's not as impressive considering my size, but it was a goal of mine. There are a lot of guys a lot smaller than me that have reached the 200/300/400/500 milestone
    Little guys don't have to pick those weights up as far as big guys do, so it's easier for them. That's what I tell myself anyway when someone smaller and shorter outlifts me.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I don't lift weight except my own body weight.
    I mostly do calisthenics with body weight only, or with a 22 lbs vest on.

I can do more pull ups than some and not as many as others.
    I've come to the point with age, I believe this to be a key focus. Pullups are a good strength indicator and I'm still hanging onto a few. I've overtrained with heavy weights, high rep lower weight, running, etc. It was fun and looking back glad I did it, along with some fun trail races and triathlons.

The vest is a great idea I've considered for awhile. When I carry in the 40lb salt bags for the softener, it's a reminder to not gain weight. Morning and night stretching/Yoga, body weight exercises, and hiking/walking for longevity and mobility is what I think is the smart long term plan. The rest is fun though.

Morning Yoga area on the last trip.....
    PXL_20220218_175209544.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've come to the point with age, I believe this to be a key focus. Pullups are a good strength indicator and I'm still hanging onto a few. I've overtrained with heavy weights, high rep lower weight, running, etc. It was fun and looking back glad I did it, along with some fun trail races and triathlons.

The vest is a great idea I've considered for awhile. When I carry in the 40lb salt bags for the softener, it's a reminder to not gain weight. Morning and night stretching/Yoga, body weight exercises, and hiking/walking for longevity and mobility is what I think is the smart long term plan. The rest is fun though.

Morning Yoga area on the last trip.....
    View attachment 182430
    Nice.
    I do lots of walking during the day, always taking the stairs and avoiding lifts, and often having to carry gear and/or people during 12hrs shifts.
    So I don't need extra cardio at the gym.

At the moment I'm stuck at 28 or 29 pull ups ... a lot less with the vest on.

My place is not as sunny at the moment.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My bench has never been the best but my personal best on flat barbell bench is 275 for a single, dumbell flat bench is 110s for a double. Standing overhead barbell press (strict, no bouncing or knee flex) is 205 for a single. My best back squat no wraps or belt is a 405 for a single. Best curl is barbell at 135 for a single (had to show off for the ladies at the gym one day lol huge mistake, tennis elbow got horrible!) BTW Im 6' even and weight in at 265 now. Currently trying to cut some fat off to get leaner, Im a gym rat and custody at a prison
    I'm late to the party, but these are some serious numbers!!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Sometimes if i don't shower for a few days. I'm strong enough to clear the house for awhile so i can watch reruns of "Mom" all by myself.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I started lifting again at 43, hadn’t lifted since high school, my best bench is 3x6 at 170, 3x10 deadlifts at 205, and 3x10 box squats at 225. Can’t do ass to grass squats with much weight anymore or the knees go on strike! I’m kinda afraid with the hip pain I’ve been experiencing for the last few months I may have to drop way down on deadlifts, I took a couple weeks off after getting the ‘rona and my hips felt better but now I’m getting lots of joint pain in them again.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I started lifting again at 43, hadn’t lifted since high school, my best bench is 3x6 at 170, 3x10 deadlifts at 205, and 3x10 box squats at 225. Can’t do ass to grass squats with much weight anymore or the knees go on strike! I’m kinda afraid with the hip pain I’ve been experiencing for the last few months I may have to drop way down on deadlifts, I took a couple weeks off after getting the ‘rona and my hips felt better but now I’m getting lots of joint pain in them again.
    “Ass to grass” ain’t the way to do squats anyway; give your knees a break and do squats the good way. My work sets improved with my form.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My days of pushing weights is long gone unfortunately. Be careful gents, I've paid a pretty big price for allowing my youthful ego to motivate me in the gym. Heard the same when I was young, ignored it like most idiots do and now I enjoy the regret lol.
    Yes sir.
    Never was into the weight thing.
    I have pulled enough weight up the side of a building or up into the pipes to get my work outs. 2 men ropes and a 375 pound AC compressor up the side of a 2 story building. Stuff like that.
    And my body has paid the toll for it.
    Much respect for those that do the steady workout thing.

Top Bottom