How prepared are you? (hypothetical situation)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Tomorrow your EDC is gone. How prepared are you with a backup, holster, ammunition?

This is a situation I found myself in this week and luckily was very prepared. Still, I spent a few hours at the range today. But 6 months ago I was not at all prepared for a situation where my primary carry gun was gone for any reason. That made me wonder how prepared the rest of INGO might be?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Tomorrow your EDC is gone. How prepared are you with a backup, holster, ammunition?

This is a situation I found myself in this week and luckily was very prepared. Still, I spent a few hours at the range today. But 6 months ago I was not at all prepared for a situation where my primary carry gun was gone for any reason. That made me wonder how prepared the rest of INGO might be?

As far as an EDC, I'd be screwed :nailbite:

I'd still be able to defend myself, I'd just have to lug a bit more around

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    How prepared are you if your secondary was gone?
    GTG with, blade, hands, improvised?

Unfortunately with my primary I was also relieved of my "go to" knife. I now carry my Sog Vulcan and will move down the line if somehow the same situation occurs again.

As for being prepared with my hands and to improvise, I am by no means a world class fighter however can think tactically and have an understanding of how to achieve favorable results in different situations. While I do believe I am rather prepared for most situations I could be placed in, it is always the unforeseen that we must be most cautious of. I have a firm belief that we can all always improve with many of our skills and abilities in these situations and I personally do have the desire to improve, however by no means would I say that I feel unprepared.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I am 1000% prepared should something happen to the particular gun I may or may not be carrying.

Note - this only applies to having redundant equipment at home.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Glad to hear so many people are so prepared! I knew INGO for the most part would have the guns, but having quality holsters and being comfortable enough with the other guns in a key part of it too (at least in my opinion) and it sounds like that's not a problem at all

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Because of the constant limitations of clothing with my preferred gun, I have 3 different carry guns and multiple holsters.

Or did you mean what would I do in the next 30 seconds if I were in a bad situation without my EDC?

Does "scream like a girl" count?

Top Bottom