How much would you pay for a 47 rd PMag?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A company I'm familiar with (Nordic Components) is making +17 rd extension for the Magpul PMag 30 rd magazines. Would you be willing to pay $55 for the extension?

Up until now, the best big stick AR magazines were the steel Sterlings made in the UK. But, finding those is easier than finding Madonna's virginity. :) The guy making/offering these is a competition shooter, so my bet is that he has these nailed down and running 100%.

If there is enough local interest, I'll see about getting a few. At $55, I probably just pick one up for myself anyway.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    $55? No way, but that's just me.

I doubt it will have the same quality of a Pmag - making the mag less reliable - and more prone to break.

Look at it this way, when I can just go and get another 4 Pmags shipped to me for the same price, possibly with some change left over - I'm getting more mags.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No way. I wouldn't pay $55 for the extension and the magazine combined.

If Magpul made a 45 or 50 round mag, I'd go as high $20 for it, maybe $25. The utility is just not there unless you're a 3-gun shooter who has a chance of winning significant money.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Please see the purple, winged monkeys flying from my southernmost opening for payment before you leave! :D

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    And for those who might want to see how this looks...

pmage.jpg

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    my beta mag runs just fine and easier to go prone. the extensions would be handy for 3 gun. i'd like to see one run before i said yes. i've spent more for less utility looking for that extra edge in competition.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    my beta mag runs just fine and easier to go prone. the extensions would be handy for 3 gun. i'd like to see one run before i said yes. i've spent more for less utility looking for that extra edge in competition.

I was hoping you'd at least be warm to the idea. After all, you, sir, are the owner of the SpaceNeedleShotgunMagTubeExtension(tm) :D

The thing that interests me about this is that it provides workable middle ground between a 30rd and a Beta at a price closer towards the former. It is geared towards competition shooters. Even locally, most long COFs with a rifle are between 32 and 42 rounds and are setup in such a way that even if you did a fast mag change (with a 20, of course), you'd still be ahead with the extra 17 this gives. Now, if it is a long course with distant (>100yd) targets, a Beta is the way to go. But even then, they have a short service life and have to be babied (so I've read, I have no experience here.)

I really think this is a product that will work as advertised. Tim's products are all about quality and reliability.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You have to be logged into that forum to get there. Don't worry any more about it on my account, though, as I'm not the one who wants or needs to see the picture.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Pics should be okay now. Sorry for the trouble.

BTW - If anyone would like them, I should be able to get them for $53 including tax by the end of next week. That also goes for any other Nordic Component merchandise, including shotgun magazine tubes for Winchester SX2, Benelli M1/M2, Remington; bolt handles; shotgun magazine followers; Tec-Loader extensions; 10/22 AR chassis.

Top Bottom