• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Thinking about selling for funding a house lease , any ideas on a price range never jammed always oiled after range kept in safe Debatin on buying a new barrel off a site for 60 and charge some more
    Thanks for any insite ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8582.jpeg
      IMG_8582.jpeg
      740.8 KB · Views: 33
    • IMG_8590.jpeg
      IMG_8590.jpeg
      291.5 KB · Views: 32
    • IMG_8584.jpeg
      IMG_8584.jpeg
      497 KB · Views: 28
    • IMG_8585.jpeg
      IMG_8585.jpeg
      249.9 KB · Views: 32

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Beware of modifications. The more you customize, the smaller your pool of buyers becomes.

I'd recommend selling the pistol separate from the WML. You'll get more that way. You'll find more folks with guns that want a WML and buyers that want a stock pistol than you will that want the package you created. And you'll just lose money on that barrel. NOBODY is going to pay you $60 more because you added a $60 barrel.

As to the cost, I'm no expert. Ive seen them sell both below retail, as well as full retail. Or more. But the latter is rare because you're only going to find folks willing to pay full retail that want an "off the books" pistol with no paper trail. (those are not sketch or illegal folks. They just dont trust .gov.)

I'd try selling the pistol at just below fair* retail. If it doesnt move after a couple weeks, drop your price.
    I'd list the WML at 70% of the cheapest price you can find online including shipping.

Good luck.

Oh, and just sign up for site supporter status. Its only $20/year and it will pay for itself on that first sale. Trying to eek out a bunch of quick one liners will cause you frustration because staff will delete them because we know you're just looking to get to 50 quality posts to list your item for sale.

*at a reputable gun shop, not a big box store with tons of overhead.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Beware of modifications. The more you customize, the smaller your pool of buyers becomes.

I'd recommend selling the pistol separate from the WML. You'll get more that way. You'll find more folks with guns that want a WML and buyers that want a stock pistol than you will that want the package you created. And you'll just lose money on that barrel. NOBODY is going to pay you $60 more because you added a $60 barrel.

As to the cost, I'm no expert. Ive seen them sell both below retail, as well as full retail. Or more. But the latter is rare because you're only going to find folks willing to pay full retail that want an "off the books" pistol with no paper trail. (those are not sketch or illegal folks. They just dont trust .gov.)

I'd try selling the pistol at just below fair* retail. If it doesnt move after a couple weeks, drop your price.
    I'd list the WML at 70% of the cheapest price you can find online including shipping.

Good luck.

Oh, and just sign up for site supporter status. Its only $20/year and it will pay for itself on that first sale. Trying to eek out a bunch of quick one liners will cause you frustration because staff will delete them because we know you're just looking to get to 50 quality posts to list your item for sale.

*at a reputable gun shop, not a big box store with tons of overhead.
    Thank you I appreciate your information, for sure I’ll leave it how it is , the barrel and the slide and the lower all have the same serial number , would it be wise to swap my original barrel and shoot at the range with a new one to retain quality , also is there anything I can do about the wear marks on the barrel end? Again thanks a million very helpful <3

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thank you I appreciate your information, for sure I’ll leave it how it is , the barrel and the slide and the lower all have the same serial number , would it be wise to swap my original barrel and shoot at the range with a new one to retain quality , also is there anything I can do about the wear marks on the barrel end? Again thanks a million very helpful <3
    No, I'm guessing you won't put enough rounds through it to cause any concern about shooting out a Glock barrel.

Wear marks are going to be what they are. Just put some oil there each time you clean /field strip it.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    No, I'm guessing you won't put enough rounds through it to cause any concern about shooting out a Glock barrel.

Wear marks are going to be what they are. Just put some oil there each time you clean /field strip it.
    Gotcha that’s what I’ve been doing I use Lucas oil gun oil any insight on that if it’s okay ? And I usually strip right when I get home and oil it and clean the carbon
    Thanks think I’ll stick with what I got , thanks fr for not trolling:/

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Leave it stock. Those scuffs on the outside won’t affect its value. It just shows it’s been used. No big deal.

You’ll lose more money on a new barrel.

Top Bottom