• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I want to know how much ammo you carry in your EDC setup.

Mine is 50/50

Sometimes 10 rounds

Sometimes 22 rounds.

So could the round in your magazines you carry every day and the round in the chamber. How many round do you carry with you on a daily basis?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Depends, guaranteed EDC is 30 rounds .40S&W.

Weekend or non commuting EDC is 45 rounds minimum (I have 1 spare mag in my flashlight/multitool pouch that just looks like a cell phone case in addition to my primary pistol/holster).

If I'm going somewhere that I deem dangerous (unknown locations, weekend trips involving interstate travel, hotels, etc...) 5 x 30rd mags for my G22, my 1911 with 5x7rd mags and a .44spcl revolver (that I don't have any speedloaders for) fully loaded with a spare bag of 25 rounds nearby. Not all of this obviously is on my body at all times.

Generally the revolver becomes a vehicle based hidden BUG for traveling purposes except when we stop for the night we don't leave firearms in the vehicle. (Something the wife can grab if SHTF).

The glock 22 stays well hidden as a CC on my person at all times and the 1911 is a semi CC/OC/ Vehicle primary weapon meaning I take it on and off as I enter/exit the vehicle generally.

After seeing several vehicle defense demonstrations and being made an example out of in one, I don't personally believe in trying to remove your primary defense weapon out from a retention holster at a weird angle out from under a seatbelt in a carjacking type scenario. Too much potential for failure, generally I have my primary defense weapon available in either the door rest or the center console rest.

I keep 1-2 spare mags on me for my "primary defense weapons" and the other mags stay within fairly easy reach.

I'll never forget the look on my wifes face :nailbite: the first time I handed two additional spare mags (I already had my weekend carry 3 mags on me) to my wife and said "Put these in your purse for me"..... we were headed to Lafayette Square mall a few years back to pick up a specific item for someone's birthday that was sold out at every other mall in the city. This was a few years back about 3-6 months after that colts player got carjacked out front of the mall.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    1 mag full. Was 8 back in the 1911 days ( would occasionally carry a spare for that one though) went to 15 in the G20 days, up to 17 in the G17 days, and sits at 15 for the M&P 357.

Top Bottom