How many of you just dont care about 300blk?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would probably be more interested if I had suppressors. My generation had the .30 carbine for a light 30 caliber. We had the .22 hornet with similar ballistics of the 5.7 X 28. Nothing wrong with any of them.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    As I said, I don't shoot suppressed, so subsonic rounds do not interest me in the least. I have no interest in small, low velocity rounds out of a rifle. I have .45-70's and .458 Winchesters for that. They pack a lot more wallop than a necked up .223.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    It's a unique niche caliber that fills a small, specific market. Namely short barreled, AR platform, suppressed weapons........That's it. If you don't play in that toy lot, you have no more need for one, than a squirrel hunter does a .460 Weatherby.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I can justify any caliber I can legally hunt with in Indiana. That being said I wouldn't give up my .458 for nothing but I do want to build a 10.5 pistol with SIG brace and my .30cal can

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am still convinced the .40 Short & Weak is a fad round. That thing will never take off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How long does it have to be around before its not a fad?

I'd say when one or more manufacturers mass produce factory ammo available at the average sporting goods/gun store? :dunno:

When you walk in and see PMC, Winchester, Remington, etc boxes on the shelf, its no longer a fad.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I would be interested if...

I already reloaded .223 and .308 (currently only .223).

I had a lot of split neck .223 brass (all brass is good to go for now).

I had an NFA registered SBR lower not being used (currently have 1 and don't wish to have multiple SBR uppers).

I had a .30 cal QD suppressor (which I will very soon).

I don't have a desire for .300 and not looking for the hassle of adding another caliber.

cjfarmer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I'm not really interested in it. I have no use for it really. I do know that Crane Naval Base did a lot of testing with it, because I know of some one that bought a ton of brass from them at an auction.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I will be adding a 300Blackout to the stable, because I own 4xARs in 5.56 and 1xAR in 7.62x51. I will be currently reloading for all them here shortly after I get my house w/15 acres.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I wonder if the 30 caliber won't drop a drone a little more readily than 5.56?
    I don't swat flies with a BB gun, I use a sprayer full of Windex.

You don't have to kill a drone, just make it fall, I say shotgun for that. Of course I am talking drones like those that will be used by Amazon and State Police, which some day will be one and the same. Amazon Cops, like the Phone Cops from WKRP days. (this probably should be purple as well)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    well, I've never cared about 45ACP, does it count?
    Yup. That is exactly how I first justified .300blk. It does everything and more than the .45 carbine I have always wanted will do. For an apples to apples comparison, I am talking about if you run the .300 suppressed. So for me it can do HD, go out back and hunt deer as is, or take off the can, jack in a mag of hot loads and reach out a bit farther. Around here far can be 50 yards, so an SBR quietly slinging big slow turds of lead has a use. If you buy the right can, you can swap it over to a .308 gun as well.

All this with Mil spec mags that work.

Yes I live in Wisconsin so I can do all of that but I don't see it replacing all the .223 guns.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I deer hunt on family property up in WI and my hunting rig is a 10" 300 BLK AR. It's light, ultra-compact and with the excellent Barnes TAC-TX bullet is a great woods deer gun. I also have a 9mm can I shoot subsonics with and hopefully for next hunting season, I'll have a .308 can to shoot supersonics with and save my hearing when hunting.

I really like the caliber, but it's definitely not a range plinker, due to ammo cost.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had to build one for no ther reason to just do it I guess to see what everyone was hyping it up to be. An Ill probably end up selling it. It doesn't do anything plinking or shooting targets at the range any different than my other ARs an its another caliber to keep up with. Although I do see the "cool" factor of it. I do agree with the OP. I guess unless you were planning to suppress the rifle your building it I don't really see a need for it.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Have you ever noticed that 22's can be used to make 223 projectiles? Did you notice that 9 mm cases fit into 40 cal? So on and on. This is another way to make use of 223 brass pluss you dont have loads of extra money on mags, bullets and still can use your 223 ar lower to fire your 300 blcout

Top Bottom