How many of you just dont care about 300blk?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I am not interested in it either. Though Ive never been into fads, or on the cutting edge, whichever ends up being the case.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I've been thinking a lot about the 300 blackout over the last couple weeks and am kind of coming around.
    It doesn't need longer barrels to get to its intended performance level (I think something in the 10-12 inch range would be great).
    I have a lower that's waiting to be finished, and since I'm getting into reloading as well, something like this is now actually feasible for me to shoot... I'm considering it

It's NOT designed to replace everyone's favorite 308 guns, (or .260, etc.), it's just another option that performs better than 5.56 within 300 (arguably 450) yards.

Of interest:
    300 BLACKOUT YEAR - YouTube

Why the 300 Blackout? - YouTube

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have an extra Noveske lower and 4 spare BCGs laying around. I'm thinking a 300 is in my near future. My buddy just built a Noveske one and is pretty impressed with it so far.

Coumtryflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Don't care because don't have any need for the specific advantages of this round at this time. If and when I ever do, I will change mind. Right now, I am well served by the standard 556 and 308 rounds in ar platform.

Varmint Killer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    Brazil
    I had one customer go .300BLK for his first AR...sold it a few months later. It is good for a 2nd or 3rd if you have a need or want for it, but I still would not put it in 1st place.

First, ammo is more expensive, second, they can be a little more tricky to get running, third, if looking short barrel, there is a bit more to hitting out at 300 yards than the .223.

I say build yourself a good mid-range .223 carbine and shoot the snot out of it for a few months. Acquire the parts for the .300 and build the upper once you have that down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had one customer go .300BLK for his first AR...sold it a few months later. It is good for a 2nd or 3rd if you have a need or want for it, but I still would not put it in 1st place.

First, ammo is more expensive, second, they can be a little more tricky to get running, third, if looking short barrel, there is a bit more to hitting out at 300 yards than the .223.

I say build yourself a good mid-range .223 carbine and shoot the snot out of it for a few months. Acquire the parts for the .300 and build the upper once you have that down.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had no use for 300blk either until I got my suppressor. If it weren't for getting a 30cal can I probably would never have done another one in 300blk.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

My first AR was/is a 300 blk SBR. Exactly what I wanted. Of course, I don't shoot out to 300 yards, or even over 200 yards.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am getting a new powder funnel in today to load some polymer coated projectiles in 300blk. If it works out it'll be the cheapest plinking rifle round I'll have. All subsonic of course ;) I think 300blk is awesome! Some 125grain smk's will really reach out there. I am talking 500 yards without too much work.

For right now it's basically get a 300blk only if you reload. Otherwise start reloading and then go buy one... It's too expensive to buy the factory stuff IMO. If you already reload then you can't "afford" not too. And if you have a capable can then you really need to have one!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I dont balme you at all sir, Whispers Ballistics are just Superior.
    Everything is deaderer when shot with Whisper.

I bought my Whisper the same year JD Jones introduced it, for me the cartridge is a blast to shoot suppressed, don't think I even have any super sonic ammo loaded right now. Almost all ammo is loaded with 220 gr Sierra MatchKings.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just ordered my next SBR Barrel for 2nd .300 blk SBR. Ballistic Advantage 8.3" premium. Looks like I have some paperwork to submit.

I've been hearing super good things about the Ballistic Advantage barrels. I bought I complete Aero Precision upper for mine and I kind of wish I'd gotten a 10" BA barrel and put one together, just for rail reasons almost more than anything...

Top Bottom