Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    70% of my guns.

I collect certain things that I never intend to shoot:

SxS .410s
    Beretta 70, 71, 74, 75, 81, 82, 84, 85, and 86s
    Old Remington .22s: 41, 510, 511, 512, 514s
    The list is much longer, but I grow tired.

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    As of now, six. All acquired since October. Before Sandy Hook, work was too hectic. After Sandy Hook, ammo was too scarce. Weather has been lousy this winter also. I'm hoping this coming storm is winters last hurrah and I'll get the chance to dust em off in the coming weeks.:D

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Bought a new Remington 870 super mag a few weeks ago. My son has fired it but I haven't. Just this last week, I bought a new scoped Remington 597.22 , a 1951 JC Higgins .22 auto and a Diamondback DB9. I have ammo for all of them, just haven't found the time to shoot them yet.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Time Weather Ammo

Just shooting the ones I have over 1000rds of ammo for, when I'm not at work, drilling, on vacation or when the weather is good.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have several guns in my connection I have yet to shoot. A Remington 700 sendero in .300 mag as well as another Sendero in 25-06 both of those have not been shot yet due to not having scoped them yet. Also a ruger sp101 .357 and a ruger bisley .41 mag and a Marlin 512 slug gun. Just waiting for better weather to shoot the two revolvers. Gotta find some time to mount scopes and boresight on the rifles.:patriot:

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have 10 to 12 that I havnt shot some oldModel 97 Winchesters a 1972 model 94
    That has never been fired & a few others.
    Just some old safe queens !

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I actually have two in the safe right now. A 10/22 and a KelTec PF9. I have shot several examples of both over the years, but have not fired either of these yet.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I am sure I don't have a large collection compared to most but I have a safe full. About three fourths of them have never been loaded. I inherited a very from Dad that hadn't been shot also. That is one of the reasons I joined this forum. Been lurking around collecting some knowledge to help determine which ones to keep and which one to get rid of.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    When I get A new gun the first thing I do is clean and second I shoot the gun.This happens within the first 24 hrs most of the time. I can shoot out my back door. Makes it so easy.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I bought a .223 rifle. I only have 200 rounds and don't feel comfortable shooting them. I won't pay ridiculous prices for ammo. If this scare ever ends I will definitely shoot it. I have tried to get ammo at gander mountain but the same people seem to camp there for two hours in advance. There were also people in the parking lot trying to sell what they just bought for twice the price. Makes me sick. I'm aware this is a free market, before you say.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bought a .223 rifle. I only have 200 rounds and don't feel comfortable shooting them. I won't pay ridiculous prices for ammo. If this scare ever ends I will definitely shoot it. I have tried to get ammo at gander mountain but the same people seem to camp there for two hours in advance. There were also people in the parking lot trying to sell what they just bought for twice the price. Makes me sick. I'm aware this is a free market, before you say.

You should clean the gun and shoot enough to sight the rifle in and check the function. I was in a similar situation with my current AR but no way I wasn't going to sight the gun in and get it ready. As far as the 10/22 and PF9 I mentioned earlier, I just haven't taken the time to work with them yet. Mainly because the rifle is for my son as he grows into it and the pistol is just something I ran across.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You should clean the gun and shoot enough to sight the rifle in and check the function. I was in a similar situation with my current AR but no way I wasn't going to sight the gun in and get it ready. As far as the 10/22 and PF9 I mentioned earlier, I just haven't taken the time to work with them yet. Mainly because the rifle is for my son as he grows into it and the pistol is just something I ran across.

I've had it apart but I haven't removed the cosmoline or lubricated it. I should though. I also have to purchase a scope for it and I haven't decided on a zooming scope or a simple red dot.

Top Bottom