• ...and so much more!
  • How often do you do inventory?

• Total voters

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I cant find the one i typed up for me but i just finished a basic one for anyone that wants it. I cant get the excel link posted on here but here is what it kinda looks like. Eveything is centered on the saved version. It is also all graphed out with lines seperating columns and rows. If anyone wants this email me and i'll send you the attachment so you can change it the way you like.

GUN INVENTORY
    TYPE MODEL SERIAL # PURCHASED DATE PURCHASED FROM PURCHASE PRICE
    GUN 1
    GUN 2
    GUN 3
    GUN 4
    GUN 5
    GUN 6
    GUN 7
    GUN 8
    GUN 9
    GUN 10

AMMO INVENTORY
    TYPE ROUND COUNT BRAND PURCHASED DATE PURCHASED FROM PURCHASE PRICE
    CALIBER 1
    CALIBER 2
    CALIBER 3
    CALIBER 4
    CALIBER 5

Last edited:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    For my gun inventory I record this info, also in a table:

MAKE MODEL CALIBER SERIAL NUMBER MFG DATE COMMENTS VALUE

Purchase information is long forgotten on some items.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I use an excel spreadsheet. I keep track of all of the ammo I buy on it. As I shoot it I adjust the spreadsheet accordingly. The spreadsheet also keeps track of what I pay for a certain round and how many I have shot certain guns. On another page I keep track of all the weapons with serial numbers. I also keep photos of all guns.

Potty training issues? :dunno: Just kidding :laugh:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I use an excel spreadsheet. I keep track of all of the ammo I buy on it. As I shoot it I adjust the spreadsheet accordingly. The spreadsheet also keeps track of what I pay for a certain round and how many I have shot certain guns. On another page I keep track of all the weapons with serial numbers. I also keep photos of all guns.

pretty much the same for me

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Hello. We are here from the census bureau and would like to ask some questions.

Like "How many guns ar on the premises?"

Last edited:

Alerion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm using a free program called GunSafe - Firearms Collection Software

It has the capability of storing almost any kind of information about any particular firearm. Serial number, purchase info, sale info, photos, etc. I update it whenever I make a new purchase and try to add photos the next time I'm in the mood. :rolleyes:

The only downside is that it's a little clumsy to use in some situations until you get used to it. For example, entering new manufacturers or calibers is not intuitive if you're accustomed to standard Windows GUI's. But, once you learn it, it's pretty easy.

Considering that it's free, you're getting at least your money's worth! :rockwoot:

I don't bother to inventory ammo. Most of the time I'm just going to take it out and shoot it anyway... :ar15:

Tom

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I keep an accurate count of all my ammo. Every time I shoot I subtract it from my numbers. I have all my serial numbers for my guns, along with pictures on cd. One here, and one at my parents house.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I keep serial numbers, but it's bad luck to count how many guns you have.

It's nice to have a ballpark guess on how much ammo I've got though.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    Just did one my first one for this year. Holy cow!! - I didn't realize how many firearms I have. But, this is not a bad thing, although the wife's jaw did drop to the floor when she saw my inventory sheet. I do need to look at a bigger safe.

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    Have all guns and ammo on a spreadsheet. Update as necessary. Except for recent buys, I know exactly how much of each ammo, and what type, I have. It has all of the information for each gun also. It makes it alot easier, especially with the ammo crunch going on, to know that you can ride this low ammo situation out.

hammeralan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Danville, IN
    I took pictures and set up an Excel spreadsheet and put all of that on a memory stick which I try to update and check once a month. This way when I travel I can bring that information with me without much trouble.

-Hammeralan

Top Bottom