How long have you carried the same knife?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have been carrying the same Buck 110 knife for the past 30 years.
    I may be on my 3rd. leather sheath but the knife is still in good condition.:rockwoot:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have been carrying the same 2 CRKT Kasper folders for 6 or 7 years. Before that it was a couple of Emerson CQC7s for 5 years or so.

I tend not to switch up carry gear unless I have a compelling reason.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have been carrying the same 2 CRKT Kasper folders for 6 or 7 years. Before that it was a couple of Emerson CQC7s for 5 years or so.

I tend not to switch up carry gear unless I have a compelling reason.

+1 there, muscle memory plays an all too important part when it comes to drawing your blade effectively. I own three M16 series CRKT's, I carry the "big dog" 14SF, and keep two additional 13's (smaller size) at hand, they all open/close the same way, I have found that repetition very valuable in practicing drawing my knife.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    And to answer Bob's original question, I have carried an all-black CRKT M16-13SF for about 18 months, currently keep in my vehicle as a backup to my current EDC knife, a M16-14SFI, which I have carried for about a 6-7months now. I like the opening/closing system employed by this knife very much, and has served me well so far.

Here's the M16's for a size comparison:

Crkt_knives_folding_m16_special_forces_m16_13sf_m16_14sf.jpg

* The text isn't very clear, but the middle knife is a 13, and the top knife is a 14.

My 14 looks like the top knife in this picture:

DSRT%20TACT%20GRP.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I think the longest I have carried the same knife was 2 years maybe 3. I'm hard on my knives and sometimes my wife steals them:rolleyes: for complaining about how much I spend on them she sure doesn't mind using and keeping them doing god knows what with them.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I've been carrying the same Swiss Army knife for about 15 years. It's the officer version that has two blades, can and bottle opener, toothpick and tweezers. I haven't sharpened it in years, but i never use the blades so it doesn't really matter. I carry a separate knife for cutting tasks, and the Swiss for the tools.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I've been carrying the same Swiss Army knife for about 15 years. It's the officer version that has two blades, can and bottle opener, toothpick and tweezers. I haven't sharpened it in years, but i never use the blades so it doesn't really matter. I carry a separate knife for cutting tasks, and the Swiss for the tools.
    I do sometimes carry a Leather Man for the all around chores.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Have carried my kershaw leek for about 2 years now, and the only complaints with it is it does not stay sharp for very long between sharpenings. I wonder if they have one in d2.....

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I had a 3 blade John Primble that I carried about 30 years that my Dad gave me. I passed it along to my son. I have been carrying a Kershaw Leek for about a year now.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I bought a Buck 55 while in the Air Force. It rode in my pocket for 24 years. I went swimming & it fell out of my pocket. I was close to tears.

But, the good news is, that while researching a replacement, I found out the knife industry made huge leaps in technology. Now I carry whatever suits my mood... Kershaw, Gerber, CRKT, Buck, etc.

Top Bottom