• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All I have to say is that nothing says "freedom" more that telling other people how they should celebrate "freedom".

For pete's sake- the number of old (in years or attitude) busybodies who feel the need to whine about their dogs and tell people to not celebrate like they have been at least my entire life is....disconcerting.
    I don't have a problem with shooting fireworks on the 4th. Or maybe the day before or after. When it gets old is when they start in May and continue into August like some do around me. Kind of like hearing Christmas music and seeing the decorations in the stores starting in October.

1625685603344.png

Cork74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Griffith
    My nextdoor neighbor thinks it's ok to celebrate w/fireworks anytime he deems it necessary (he's quite special that way).
    Also if my Town's guidelines call for NO FIREWORKS after midnite----He continues until 0300 or so.
    Did I mention he's quite special ?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thundershirt did not help the two of my pups who were bothered the most by fireworks.

I cannot stand fireworks or what they do to our dogs, but I will not complain as long as people follow the rules. June 29-July 9 and New Years Eve. 5pm to approx 10:30 pm except the 4th and NYE . Not all of June and all of July and into August, any and all times of day. If they occur during the allotted times, we can plan accordingly and mitigate the best we can. But to be on high alert for 2-3 months nonstop is ****ing ridiculous.

*waits for the "Karen" comments to fly...*

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My nextdoor neighbor thinks it's ok to celebrate w/fireworks anytime he deems it necessary (he's quite special that way).
    Also if my Town's guidelines call for NO FIREWORKS after midnite----He continues until 0300 or so.
    Did I mention he's quite special ?
    Is that special in the sense of self-centered, retarded, or both?

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Fireworks just make my bulldog mad. He paces around growling and barking.

My golden isn't bothered by them unless my immediate neighbors set off the big mortars. Then she gets nervous and clingy.

The dane just sleeps through them. Unless the bulldog gets him started.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    20210707_155954.jpg
    Here is my dog. She loves to be with me be it target practice or walking the woods, hunting. She has no fear other than being left behind for the day. I've taught her to stay about 15 yards behind me when shooting targets. She would lay under my table if she could but that's to much noise. She will walk down and check the targets with me and back to her spot when I resume shooting. Of course I tell her to do so each time.
    Fireworks are super exciting to her I have to hold on to her or tie her up. If you don't she tries to grab the Fireworks.

Top Bottom