• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    For those of you in the biz I'm sure the past couple of weeks have been great... but what happens the next couple of months when suppliers might not be able to handle your orders for more guns and gear. I noticed Bradis mentioned they went through about 2 months of inventory in days.

Your thoughts INGO?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They need to see it for the fluke windfall that it is and not count on it happening next year or regularly.

In other words, don't gear up as the madness won't continue.

If they are in business, they already know this.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I bet they're reaping decent profits.. However, like any bubble, it's subject to burst (or at least slow down to last month's levels)

As printcraft said.. Surely they're already aware :)

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    To be honest, ever since the re-election, our numbers are way down. Only thing I can attribute it to is everyone is buying guns and ammo...not targets. We usually slow down a hair this time of year, but not like this....

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    The smaller gunshops start folding, if you have nothing to sell you have nothing to make a profit on.

Happened in 2008, happening again....

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Make money now with the understanding the "bubble" will be popping. Diversify inventory for the future so there is something to sell besides 30 round PMags.

valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can imagine that all gun shops are very, very nervous. Once the panic buying subsides and any restrictions kick in, there business starts to dry up. So while there is a short term spike, long term it could crater.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The smaller gunshops start folding, if you have nothing to sell you have nothing to make a profit on.

No, No, No, No! Business "Experts" on this site will tell you this is just a myth. They are making such a killing right now, in the future they won't need inventory to stay in business. :rolleyes:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

+1 My LGS is very concerned about having anything to offer in the forseeable future. He is actively looking for anything available and beating the bushes for EBR's and AK's to sell on consignment.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I can imagine that all gun shops are very, very nervous. Once the panic buying subsides and any restrictions kick in, there business starts to dry up. So while there is a short term spike, long term it could crater.

and in return for business drying up they will raise prices.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    No, No, No, No! Business "Experts" on this site will tell you this is just a myth. They are making such a killing right now, in the future they won't need inventory to stay in business. :rolleyes:

haha

+1 My LGS is very concerned about having anything to offer in the forseeable future. He is actively looking for anything available and beating the bushes for EBR's and AK's to sell on consignment.

Yep, thats what my LGS is concerned about too. Sure he made a killing last week(Sold all 9 AR's he had in stock), but now he's cleaned out. Will he be resupplied any time soon? He cannot even get RRA or Bushmaster to return phone calls let alone take orders(which I have heard they are not currently taking...).

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    We are still getting limited amounts of items in. However, demand is outstripping supply for everyone.

The small guys are going to be left out in the cold as all available monies go towards items they cant get. It's going to be a rocky road for the next 6 months.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Heck Aimsurplus isn't even taking back orders on stuff they "normally" get resupplied with quickly.

They keep digging out only to get hammered again, still processing orders from Dec 16th lol

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    The really bad thing that happens in a scenio like this is the long term damage to the collectors and people that use their guns. The collectors suffer because that sp1 that is pristine on a lgs wall or on gunbroker for $1800 has been there because all the lay people that see it not for what it is but just see the price and say no way in hell would I pay that. But today they walk in and grap it because it is the only gun left. Now that mint 1972 sp1 has quad rails installed, stock changed etc. gun survived 50 years and is now destroyed from a collectable standpoint. The parts suffer because people buy them in droves just to have them but they will never get used, they lay in someones garage and rust or get lost. Now you guys wanting to finish a build can't get the parts. And if these do get banned most of the people that have bought the stuff won't know what the hell to do then............Insane.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    To be honest, ever since the re-election, our numbers are way down. Only thing I can attribute it to is everyone is buying guns and ammo...not targets. We usually slow down a hair this time of year, but not like this....
    Sorry for your losses, I am sure you are correct, I do think HC mags are on the list for a ban, and like most people have a limited amount of money allotted to my hobby. At this time I am spending for ammo, HC mags etc. and some AR parts if price is right. Targets sales should rise greatly after the "ban scare" is over. There will be a whole lot of new shooters as well as the old ones like us that will need to try out the new firearms.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Out of curiosity, I went by Dunham's and Walmart, here in Bedford, yesterday to see how the carnage has affected them. Our Walmart doesn't carry EBR's but all their common SD ammo was gone except for a box of .380's. Dunham's was out of everything that was auto-loading. Their shelves that usually have SD ammo was bare.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Part of the problem is that some of the LGS's only have accounts with a few select distributors so if they don't have it they can't get it. When I was trying to find a 2-tone Glock Lipsey's exclusive one of the Indy stores didn't even know about this distributor (forgot which one now). The store I worked at if we weren't factory direct we had accounts with everybody, sports south, davidsons, accusport, lipseys, ellett brothers, camfour, outdoor sports, point, lew horton, cdnn, graf, zanders, and that's just the ones I remember. Some are likely not in business anymore but we knew which distributors had the best deals on say S&W etc. Some like Elletts were usually more expensive but it was an option.

Top Bottom