How does a Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm stack up against.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Never heard anything bad about the Sig Pros (unlike the P250s).
    If I was in the market for a polymer SIG, that's what I'd get. Go for it!
    Too bad they aren't compatible with other P-series magazines.

+1 on the Magazines, I've got a P250C also and would have been nice to have just one kind of Mag.

As for problems with the 250? I've not had one issue with mine, I rather like the DAO for a carry piece. Mine is a Newer style with the P-Rail, but don't know if they made any other changes/improvements. So far I'm very Happy with mine and Stripping it down is the easiest thing ever!

A plus side for me is, both guns (SP2022 and P250) can share a holster. Not at the same time though :ugh:

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    love mine. very much underrated. it is my nightstand gun and one of those i will probably never sell. reliable and i like the trigger just fine. i usually don't hear problems with the trigger. i think it has a really cool look too.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Here's the link to what I'm thinking about. Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm E2022-9-B

I'm going to assume at that price that they have to be regular sights and not night sights. How hard is it to install night sights on a sig?

After seeing your link, I have to somewhat modify my earlier post.

When buying a gun online, you not only have to do the necessary due diligence in choosing the right gun but also the right seller. Before you decide to buy this one, be sure to research PSA on the Internet and make sure you are comfortable buying from them. If so, then go for it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've bought from PSA many times and I've always had good results with their shipping. I know some guys order specialized uppers and are mad when it hasn't arrived the next day, but if it saves me money for a top notch piece of equipment, I'm more than happy to wait.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I shot a 2022,glock17 ,and xdm all in the same day at a group shoot. The trigger on the 2022 was light years better. I bought one a month later. love it. I will be buying a threaded barrel when sig releases them for parts.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    I have the sp2009, the precursor to the sp2022. Here is a faq page on the sig pro line, (if I do this right), Sig Pro FAQ .
    I like mine, a little tricky to disassemble compared to the classic line, but not bad.

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    I think you'll find the XD shall we say a bit clunky compared to the Sig, it's a hard gun to beat, never had an issue with mine. I sold my XD and still have the 229.

curtisms01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    I purchased one at a gun show last spring and really like it. This was my first pistol larger than a .22 that I have owned. So I dont have much to compare it to, except for the few I had shot previously. Its a little large for CC, but it is nice to shoot. I will agree and say that if you can get night sights do it. Trigger pull is somewhat long on DA, but SA I think feels great.

I saw a lot of people talk about Glock's trigger pull, I am thinking of getting a Glock 26 as my everyday carry. How does the trigger pull compare overall with the 2022.

Gerard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I love mine, have the 9mm and the 40. I purchased a Baretta FS INOX after them and really like that a bit better, but for value (benefit/price) the sigs can't be beat

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I love my Sig 2022. The only drawback is finding accessories for them! I hear the the holsters for the XD40 will fit the 'new' 2022's, but I haven't had the oppertunity to try one yet. Magazines are expensive and hard to find as well. 9mm mags are harder to find than the .357/.40 mags, but I have used them (.357/.40) in the 9mm 2022 with no issues.

I have shot a few hundered rounds through the pistol without one problem. Feels good in the hands and also comfotable IWB carry. I am looking forward to finding a good leather holster for it. I like the Dual Carry holsters by DM Bullard in Texas. I have one for the .45 and it's really nice, IWB and OWB as well.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    The SP2022 is one of Sig's few winners of the past 5 years. These guns are very solid and I highly recommend them.

:dunno:I think Sig has had many winners in the last five years. The 238 and the new 1911's to be specific. I have three Sigs and have never had a malfunction. I cannot say that about the Colt's, Kimbers, Barretta's M&P, Keltec, Taurus, Rugers I have owned.

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    2022 is great... bought one a few years ago from CDNN, couldn't be happier with it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Got one for $350 from PSA when they were on sale. Regret not getting another one because now my fiance want's one as well. 2022 is definitely a sleeper for Sig, great gun for a great price. But then again, this is my 4th Sig so I might be little biased :D

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Finally got my sig 2022 out to test fire. It shot great! I liked it a lot better than my G19. Great gun for the money. Ordered two extra mags and a range bag from sig to round out the package. Wish I would have ordered a couple more from Palmetto now!

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    sig eye candy

2013-03-01_18-53-08_950_zps6ea8c8b9.jpg

Top Bottom