• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That was the question my wife asked me when I told her someone had shot themselves in the leg while cleaning their gun.

I went on a run this morning of a person shot. The caller told the 911 dispatcher that her boyfriend had accidentally shot himself in the leg while cleaning his pistol. When I arrived the BF was sitting on the living room floor with a nice 9mm sized hole in his left leg, just below his knee. The guy had a Hi-Point and had reassembled it after cleaning, and said that when he put the magazine in and racked the slide "it just went off." The guy was lucky it only hit him in the leg and not the junk or anywhere on the body of his infant daughter, who was sleeping in her baby swing about 4 feet away from where the bullet went through the guy and into the floor. The guy said he was being careful while handling his gun "because I made sure I didn't point it anywhere near her"... :n00b:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Put mag in and racked the slide..... gun goes off and it just so happens he is pointing it as his leg :n00b: :wow:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    "It just went off"
    :ugh: Riiiiiight. Isn't that what all those evil guns do when you least expect it? :rolleyes:

And I always keep my finger right on the trigger while pointing the gun at myself when I pull back the slide, don't you?
    :noway:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I guess that's the risk you take when you buy a Hi Point. Not to be confused with a Hi Power.

If it wasn't a Hi Point, I don't think I'd believe that story.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Ive always wondered what happens after that point. Do they cops consficate the gun? Do you get it back later?

I had a friend/coworker who had accidental discharge two weeks ago. Shot himself also in left leg. He required surgery and a rod now runs knee to ankle due to shattered tibia. The police DID NOT confiscate his .45.

Top Bottom