• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I may be wrong, and most likely am, but didn't they pass a law recently with something along the lines of "once a LTCH is presented, all questioning about the firearm must stop"? I thought that included gun confiscation. :dunno:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Haven't heard of that one, but I like it. I've never been disarmed yet by any LEO, but If they pushed the issue, and I felt I had to play along, I would just reload after the situation was over. Hell, if someone sees a cop hand you back your weapon and leave, I don't really care if they freak when I reload.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would stand in front of my car and take each bullet and raise it over my head and while bringing it back to the magazine I would yell "My rights have been infringed upon". I might even throw in "The dude wanted to taze me"

Ok now for what I would really do. It depends on the situation. If I am sitting on the side of the road with cars zooming past I might not reload until I can get my car to a safe place to reload it. With the accidents caused by people texting and driving, the thought of being a sitting duck on the side of the road is probably more dangerous than an unloaded gun. I always have a spare mag on my off side so it would just slide in and get chambered right away and drive off. Spare mag gets reloaded when I stop.

I met an officer in the Fishers area to buy a gun from him a couple weeks ago. I went across the street to get gas after we met up and he left. While getting gas I heard tires squealing and as I looked towards the sound I see a guy being rear ended by some kid texting on his phone.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I usually just slip the spare mag in and refill the one he emptied, when it went that way once. As a rule, in Va., they don't bother you like that, but they did it like that nearly every time I was involved in an incident.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    This is a real question? People would actually stand around, or drive away, befuzzled about what they should do with their gun now? Good Lord people. Being a gun owner is not a stigma to be hidden away shamefully. Safely reload and be on your merry way.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Muzzle in safe direction (in the air, into the dirt; not facing down on concrete, etc.) reload, reload previously chambered round in mag, insert mag, check, holster.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd snatch up my gun as soon as it was released, slapping a full spare magazine in and racking one into the chamber one-handed by swiping the rear sight against the officer's duty belt before he had a chance to retreat to his vehicle, the whole time giving him "the look".

Then I'd say, "Go on now, git!" while slowly and deliberately reholstering.

...or something similar.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wouldn't consent to having my personal property stolen and being illegally disarmed, but if it happens I'd wait till officer skeer'd of his shadow leaves so I don't get into a gunfight with an idiot. Either way you lose.
    some battles you lose in order to win the war. I'd see him again in court

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I've been reading this thread all day and I must say I don't really understand its premise. In that situation, I'd just reload after the officer left. I'm not really concerned about somebody "catching" me doing it, because I'm not doing anything wrong.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom