• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Since the left acts like toddlers and cries until they get their way, maybe the best way to deal with “compromise” is to not just say no.

Perhaps the best way to deal with them is to redirect there energies, for instance GAO report came out in 2018 that said straw buyers and those who lie on 4473’s are not prosecuted. Perhaps if we get them to start shouting down the governments lack of enforcement, we can get some real change in this country.

After all prosecuting known Criminals, Who go on record and lie is the baseline, without enforcement of 4473 forms call other gun control measures are a moot point.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If they were truly concerned about the world we are living in they would be focusing on "violence", not gun violence. They just don't understand that it's people, not guns, that kill but it's so much easier to go after the inanimate object that they fear than the people behind the violence lest they be labeled and "ist" of some variant.

It's all been said before, they won't be happy until they've trampled the rights right out of everyone around them that disagrees with them. After all that is what it's all about.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Up until death, natural rights are not "taken away". They are suppressed. They remain as such until exercised. They are unalienable and not negotiable.

I suspect my "upbringing" was substantially different than yours.
    I'm sorry; I used the wrong phrase. Saying "taken away" was meant as "being suppressed" or "not being recognized by the state"; of course our rights don't go away just because the state stops protecting them, or even starts working against them. I also believe this, I'm just typing really fast sometimes trying to respond to everyone here, so I hope you'll pardon if I make a few mistakes in my semantics.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep. Plenty of countries don't have anything like we do and look what's happening/happened to them. (Canada is the latest example) If it weren't for our BoR, especially the 2nd Amendment the jackals in this country would have us already in the same predicament.

Even with that they are still hell bent on destroying our Constitutional rights. That's why it is so crucial to fight them every step of the way to preserve our rights and stress to everyone why it is so important to do so in order to ensure the liberty of all free people.

Especially of utmost importance is the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms enshrined in the Constitution by our Founders to protect us from such a tyrannical take over by the Federal government like what we see happening in other countries without those rights.

Our Glorius Constitutional 2nd Amendment right is a PEOPLES right that "Shall NOT be Infringed"

The anti-Constitution jackals are the ones pushing us closer to the edge of things that cannot be openly discussed. They are the ones that are a threat to liberty. They wish our Constitutional rights did not exist so they could more easily attempt to carry out their tyrannical bidding.

I WILL NOT compromise.
    Another sad thing about the BoR is that those founders that feared that the rights in the BoR would be the only ones truly protected also came true. The .gov is an insatiable beast that wants only servants. Rights only get in the way of that servitude.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Is it "did" or "done"?
    :dunno:

I guess it doesn't matter, because they DON'T work, and there is NO compromise.

How about asking an anti-gunner what THEY are willing to compromise on.
    I bet their only idea of compromise is to demand 7 things, and only get 4.
    But they will NOT give up on anything.
    Yes, the anti-gun mob on the left, who are the majority, will most likely admit to no compromise whatsoever. But I'm thinking of the few politicians who generally are the swing votes to decide if otherwise party-line legislation goes through or not; the sort who ONLY want to be seen as "moderate" and "compromising." If we can pull them closer to our side, maybe we can mitigate the damage, or at least use it as a delaying tactic until after the midterms.

In practical terms, I guess I'm being persuaded this might not be workable right now. But in principle, I still feel like it would be better than just a straight up gun control bill that only takes away (I'm sorry, I meant "suppresses" or "causes the state to no longer recognize) more of our rights.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Since the left acts like toddlers and cries until they get their way, maybe the best way to deal with “compromise” is to not just say no.

Perhaps the best way to deal with them is to redirect there energies, for instance GAO report came out in 2018 that said straw buyers and those who lie on 4473’s are not prosecuted. Perhaps if we get them to start shouting down the governments lack of enforcement, we can get some real change in this country.

After all prosecuting known Criminals, Who go on record and lie is the baseline, without enforcement of 4473 forms call other gun control measures are a moot point.
    This is a great point! Maybe the best way to try to kill some of these anti-gun bills is to insert language in there that mandates tougher sentences for gun crimes. In other words, enforce the laws we already have. Then the democrats would either have to explain why they won't vote for a bill that enforces the laws they claim to want, or else they would have to start getting tougher on crime. I know there's still some problems with this, and that they'd also probably find a way to weasel out of it, but it's at least something we can try.

The thing is, in order to try it, some of the pro-gun politicians would have to get onto the committee that drafts these bills, and in order to do that they have to claim that they're willing to "compromise" and "work with" the other side, which is something most of us would immediately hate them for. Which is really my whole point; maybe we should be asking our politicians, instead of putting on a tough face, to jump in the fight and get scrappy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Another sad thing about the BoR is that those founders that feared that the rights in the BoR would be the only ones truly protected also came true. The .gov is an insatiable beast that wants only servants. Rights only get in the way of that servitude.
    Our Founders were wise beyond their years. They knew first-hand the peril that a tyrannical government poses to the liberty of all free people. God Bless them for their aforethought to try and protect us even until this day.

We all as a free people owe them a debt of undying gratitude and we need to honor their commitment to us by continuing to fight for the Constitutional rights they have enshrined for us all.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    is a great point! Maybe the best way to try to kill some of these anti-gun bills is to insert language in there that mandates tougher sentences for gun crimes
    I like the one of thinking but perhaps a better insert would be mandatory prosecution of 4473 perjury. Just like prosecutors declined to prosecute Pelosi’s husband they often decline to prosecute 4473 violations. If we as a country decide that this is the law, then an attempt at prosecution should be Mandatory

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Why have stronger sentences for "gun crime"? The sentence should be for the crime, not the tool used.
    You're absolutely right; that was another poor choice of words on my part. I think I used that phrase simply because it's what "progressives" so often claim they want to reduce, but then they turn around and go easy on crime, which often includes robbery and/or assault involving the use of firearms, which in turn emboldens criminals, and we continue to see to many repeat offenders who spiral into more and more violent crimes, often ending with murder, whether that involves a firearm or another type of weapon. Then these same "progressives" come back and act as if the weapon used is to blame (but only when that weapon is a firearm, of course...)

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Start by voting for a sheriff that refuses to partner with the ATF for any reason, and refuses to enforce firearms laws of any kind because they are ALL unconstitutional.

Follow by getting your Indiana State representatives to submit and pass bills that make it illegal to enforce gunlaws in the state of Indiana. This grants our LEOs the authority to arrest and imprison federal agents who break those laws.

Then, follow Texas's lead and start passing laws allowing Firearms, Firearms components, and Firearms accessories manufactured in the state to be sold within the state without records.

Indiana is a state. A state is a sovereign government body. Indiana's ONLY obligations to the union are those spelled out in the US constitution. It's nearly impossible to hold our federal officials accountable because we can only vote for those that represent Indiana. By comparison, its very easy to influence who your local sheriffs is. It's also comparatively easy to influence who your representatives are at the state house. We will loose counties like St Joseph and Marion, but we will heavily influence the overwhelming majority.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Start by voting for a sheriff that refuses to partner with the ATF for any reason, and refuses to enforce firearms laws of any kind because they are ALL unconstitutional.

Follow by getting your Indiana State representatives to submit and pass bills that make it illegal to enforce gunlaws in the state of Indiana. This grants our LEOs the authority to arrest and imprison federal agents who break those laws.

Then, follow Texas's lead and start passing laws allowing Firearms, Firearms components, and Firearms accessories manufactured in the state to be sold within the state without records.

Indiana is a state. A state is a sovereign government body. Indiana's ONLY obligations to the union are those spelled out in the US constitution. It's nearly impossible to hold our federal officials accountable because we can only vote for those that represent Indiana. By comparison, its very easy to influence who your local sheriffs is. It's also comparatively easy to influence who your representatives are at the state house. We will loose counties like St Joseph and Marion, but we will heavily influence the overwhelming majority.

Nullification and secession....so underrated

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Haven’t we upheld our end of a compromise over the last several decades? Has not the other side gained much of what they wanted? Proposing to voluntarily give up more is absolute capitulation.
    So far it's not really been a compromise. Compromise would mean they'd give something in return. So far it's just been them taking from us, with nothing given back.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So far it's not really been a compromise. Compromise would mean they'd give something in return. So far it's just been them taking from us, with nothing given back.
    So your solution is for us to compromise even more when take something and nothing is given back? Every time we do that we gain nothing and they gain more by not giving anything back. Every time we compromise it means we lose something.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county

Patrick Henry​

1st Cousin 9x Removed !

He was my CUS!

They are people that would be fine with all of us rounded up and “eliminated”. We are considered to be uneducated and uncivilized.

In the view of some we are a threat to the future we stand in the way of the communist paradise.

Gun Control
    Speech Control

The list goes on.

Top Bottom