• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If Rep. Gutwein gets HB 1029 passed, it will be on your DL and you wont' need the LTCH.

Thread here.

Is that really a good thing though? I know lots of places that ask for a copy of your DL and I'm not sure that's really any of their business. The ONLY advantage I see is that you can carry one less thing with you, but at what cost?

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I am someone who feels intense social pressure to have all the newest and shiniest things that legitimize my "Beardly McTacticool, Professional Mall Ninja!" alter-ego... also, I'm filthy rich and wipe my b-hole with $20billz.

Sooo... question, if I'm already licenesed, and want a nifty new plastic one, will the one I receive say "Duplicate" on it, or anything like that? or only if I request a duplicate of that one later? or at all??

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I am someone who feels intense social pressure to have all the newest and shiniest things that legitimize my "Beardly McTacticool, Professional Mall Ninja!" alter-ego... also, I'm filthy rich and wipe my b-hole with $20billz.

Of course you are. If you haven't moved, gotten married and changed your name, or lost your original, why else would anyone want/need one? And then whine on the Internet when it's not in your sweaty little hands the moment you think it should be.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I requested a address change and a new plastic card with it. The new plastic card has "Duplicate" on it. So, I have my original paper pink slip with my old address, and a new plastic one with my new address that reads "Duplicate".

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    ... If you haven't moved, gotten married and changed your name, or lost your original, why else would anyone want/need one?

The short answer, of course, is that it's not needed... that said, if I, or anyone else, felt so inclined to plunk down their $20, isn't that their prerogative? Do they need a reason - and more to your question, do they need to have that reason validated by you prior to doing it?

... and then whine on the Internet when it's not in your sweaty little hands the moment you think it should be.

I wasn't whining... others are whining. I asked about what the new card would look like - all be it with a modicum of sarcasm - in the event I, or anyone else might choose to exercise freedom of choice over where to waste my/their money.

That it troubles you that anyone might do such a thing seems... well... inconsequential.

Last edited:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I guess I'm whining but only because it has taken me longer to get my duplicate than it took to get the original lifetime.

Oh and the reason I am getting the new one is the paper one is fading badly and yes it was laminated at one time but one side came off. I had thought about not carrying it since you don't technically need to have it one you now, but some cops can't figure out that we can open carry so I would hate to end up in jail for not having the paper with me.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    After moving, my wife and I both updated our address and paid the $20 to get a new license. I know it wasn't needed, but wanted it since we occasionally travel out of state, and prefer the address on the LTCH matches that on our driver's license. We paid back in October, and the site says approved (no date listed), and shows the posted payment with our new address, but we still haven't received the licenses. Anybody know a phone # we can call to find out when it was approved, and when they mailed the licenses?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Sooo... question, if I'm already licenesed, and want a nifty new plastic one, will the one I receive say "Duplicate" on it, or anything like that? or only if I request a duplicate of that one later? or at all??

If you already have a LTCH, and you pay the $20 to get the plastic one, it will say "DUPLICATE" on it. Mine does.

The pals it ones look like this:

New_2014_FA_License_bb.png

Ignore the trolls. I too paid the $20 simply because I wanted the plastic.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I applied on 12/3 and it was in the mailbox when I got home tonight. :rockwoot:

Note: My application was for a duplicate of my lifetime permit with no changes requested.

Last edited:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    on 10-3-14 I done an address change and paid for a duplicate license. It is showing as paid and have heard nothing from them. I currently have the lifetime paper card, so this is not a new license.

I just got off the phone with Indiana State police license division with Anthony, he told me that they are working on a few "Bugs" in the system and should have it resolved in a few weeks. I asked him why new applicants were getting theirs faster, and he said that is a totally different system and that one had issues but happened to get fixed first. He said to call back in a couple of weeks if I had not seen my card yet.

the number to the license division is 317-232-8347

I called just after Christmas and found out my stuff was "On Hold" and that they had it handled and it would make it through processing,

It arrived today.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Wow. I got mine back in 2-3 weeks. It does look a lot better than that old paper one. Word of advice: Make sure you hang on to your old one. If your wallet is ever lost you can carry that till the new plastic one gets to you.

Top Bottom