• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am going to start posting these daily. If you do something post what you did as a reply. Hopefully this will give others a some ideas to shake things up a bit, and get going.

I started by placing my AR and Rig with 4 magazines (loaded with 2 dummy rounds per mag) in my garage and then doing some basic stretches for about 5 minutes. I took off from my house, jogging at a moderate pace towards the local park to continue the jog for at least 30 minutes. Running the trails mixes things up a bit, so the run seems a bit more enjoyable. I walked for 1 minute at about each 10 minute mark, making sure my "breaks" began at the bottom of a hill. I've plotted the trails so I can run a loop and end up popping out of the woods close to my house. Finishing my jog at my garage I threw my rig on and began cycling the magazines through my rifle. Loading and correcting the "malfunctions" of the dummy rounds. Once all four have been ran through and a quick reloading of the scattered dummy rounds occur, I change firing sides and begin the load/clear malfunction/reload drill again.

I don't care how good you are at this, it's a scientific fact that motor skills and ability to make decisions becomes impaired with an elevated heart rate (especially when your heart is at or above 170 BPM).

Army Study Guide - First AID

During the day I will go through the Army Study Guide's First AID section. While it is not overly in depth it provides a quick reference to the basics to keep you refreshed on the topic.

6-24;
    30 Minute Jog
    Load/Malfunction Check/Reload Preformed Ambidextrously - Stressed
    First AID Refresher

Gear Used;
    AR-15 Carbine (Unloaded)
    5.56/.223 Dummy Rounds x 8
    PMags x 4
    Black-Hawk MOLLE Rig
    Army Study Guide's First AID Section (Linked above)

-Jahred

Projected 6/25
    2.5 Mile Ruck (35-45 LBS.), Push Ups 2x20 2x15 2x10, Sit Ups 2x25 2x20 2x15, and Land Nav. Refresher

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Hit the gym, today was chest, bench press, incline/decline, fly's and cable pulls. Finished the session off with 25 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I took a shower and got ready for work this morning. The best way I can protect my family right now is to keep bringing home a pay check. Physical fitness will have to wait until this evening.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Also, it'd be great if someone from the Bloomington/Martinsville areas could join me in running stuff. I think another's involvment is great and makes for setting up 'real' admin work.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I went to hooters and practiced asualting plate after plate of hot-wings. It was pure delicious carnage. I ate 30 :) it was all you can eat wednessday.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Range session with some guys from our group.

Started off cold out of the holster head/heart shots.

Moved to .22 handgun shooting dots.

Tested our CMMG AR inserts, shooting from cover transitioning to pistol when it would fte.

Did some 2 man bounding drills, as a patrol, one man in front one in rear. Bounding, retreating to cover, working on communication.

Finished up with pistol hostage drill, with one man calling out color coded targets.

Had Britton put big dots on my G19 and Kahr.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First part of the day I did a bunch of push ups and crunches, hit the weights hard (chest and back), ran 5 miles in 93 degrees, and went for a short swim.

After work I was with Sailor. Ditto on the drills and testing my CMMG .22 conversion.

The only difference was I also used my J frame a couple times after running both my rifle and G19 dry on some drills.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Took my son to the range (DNR in Huntington) started off with the .45 & 9mm. Then went over to the 50 yrd and got his scope set up on his Remington 597 .22. He practiced on his .22 and I practiced my open site shooting with my Mini 14 (also wanted to try out some Ultramax Re-manufactured .223 for the first time, I was impressed, clean and shoot alot better than Wolf).

All in all was a great afternoon with my son (but way to dang HOT!!)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Probably not...

We could always go back to the usual; Where did you OC/CC today? Glock or XD/M? Guns on Craigslist today! or other usual threads. I thought throwing something out there that might have a shred of usefulness might be a bit fresh.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'm not saying don't train. I'm saying let the thread build. There's no reason to start a new one. Just like the "Where did you OC today?" thread- it's added to every day.

Jeeez...

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Method of the Madness..

I was going to do one daily so people could easily track what they did. Instead on in 2 weeks of digging through 15 pages trying to find that on post with a tidbit of useful info, you could just reference a date and on that note.. on to today...

Top Bottom