How and where do you carry your spare mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darngolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Lately I have been putting one spare mag in front pocket holster. I also have belt mag holders.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    G23 mag in front pocket. I like the accessibility of blackhawk's double stack mag holder, but when you a paddle holster things are just this side of "concealed".

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I rarely ever carry an extra on me unless im going somewhere shady. I usually keep one or two in my console

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Usually two mags in a dual mag carrier on my weak side. Sometimes 4 in two mag carriers, all on the weak side. Rarely those 4 and two more in pockets.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    TT Gunleather double mag holster and Beltman sharkskin double ply belt.

dsc04472i.jpg

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    I usually keep one or two in the car, coat pocket or bag depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    One spare mag IWB support side. Another in a slip holder in my back left pocket. Occasionally a third spare in my backpack. I don't store any in my glovebox... I probably should...

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I already made a post about spare magazines to know if people carry one or more or dont carry spare magazines at all.
    This post is for people who do carry one or more spare magazines.
    I would like to know how do you carry them.

In a pocket?
    In a mag holder on your belt?
    In a bag?
    Inside the car?
    Other?
    Let us know ...

Maybe that will help people who dont carry any spare to think about ways to do it or help the ones who carry them to maybe find new and better ways to do it.

To your keyboards ...

I have a holster that has a place to carry a spare magazine, similar in concept to a mag pouch but it only holds one. I also keep one in another location.

Sometimes I carry a more concealed gun around my ankle, that holster does not have a pouch so I try and improvise.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    i dont carry yet as im on that long waiting period for my ltch,but when i get it i have bought some holters that actually have a single mag pouch on them.also i have a mag holder i personally like the holters with mag pouch verse the mag holder, imo .

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    i dont carry yet as im on that long waiting period for my ltch,but when i get it i have bought some holters that actually have a single mag pouch on them.also i have a mag holder i personally like the holters with mag pouch verse the mag holder, imo .

I suspect that with any measurable amount of practice, you'll find that the usefulness of that method of carrying a spare mag is horrible at best. Reloading with a mag that is located on your strong side is.....challenging....

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I typically DON'T carry spare mags. However, if I'm carrying one of my 1911's, I may slip a spare into my back right pocket along with my wallet. My wallet is so thick that it supports my butt while I'm sitting, so I don't have to worry about the discomfort of a metal magazine poking about.

Top Bottom