• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    Can't tell if you guys are serious about that moonshine show or not .

It is a tv show., a fictional show, made up picture stories on the talky box.

Moonshiners is a fictional TV show. It is all made up. They are not cooking moonshine. They are actors acting.
    In my case it was some dude I met at a bike rally, never watched the show, never really cared. All I can say is if he was an actor, he was a good one, especially after all the booze he was drinking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ive lost track.

Are our antis here still unfairly lumping MJ in with nightmare drugs like meth and heroin, thereby muddying the waters of the ACTUAL meaningful discussion of ending MJ prohibition? Or are we still talking about throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
    Looks that way.

While my attitude towards serious drug/alcohol use remains the same I can see only a few issues with legalization and less with MJ than with Alcohol.
    The booze addicts I know are far worse off than the regular MJ users.
    I also see it’s benefits among a few more serious PTSD cases. Those folks find a bit of peace. In that I have no issues.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looks that way.

While my attitude towards serious drug/alcohol use remains the same I can see only a few issues with legalization and less with MJ than with Alcohol.
    The booze addicts I know are far worse off than the regular MJ users.
    I also see it’s benefits among a few more serious PTSD cases. Those folks find a bit of peace. In that I have no issues.
    I know far more folks who are messed up due to alcohol than pot.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I know far more folks who are messed up due to alcohol than pot.
    I have been saying this for years, actually decades. Ditch weed has grow wild in my area for 100 years. In the 60’s when I was in high school it was smoked by many prior to “imported” weed becoming available. So I have 50+ years of observing difference between drinkers and smokers. However I don’t have to look farther than my own family members to come to the realization that alcohol can be/is far more destructive than weed. However I still have friends my age ( 70+ ) that believe no difference between using weed and heroin. I have given up even discussing it with them…Reefer Madness still lives. To me it is perfectly clear that it will be legalized on a federal level only question is when. In my opinion the sooner the better. The war on drugs has been a total failure.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And even a decade after legalization with no rampant issues or collapse of society, those same naysayers will still be stuck on that idea that its just as bad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Marijuana, alcohol, nicotine, meth, opioids, fentanyl, a buzz is a buzz.

If the buzz is the goal, then what does it say for the soles that feel they need to seek it to deal with normal life? Should they not be helped to understand how to better deal with life issues as they come, rather than attempting to better or dull their perception with chemicals?

So much of the "need" for chemical adjustments to mentality has been pounded into us for our whole life. A huge amount of advertising from every media has taught us that intake of chemicals to "make life better," is a normal adult behavior. Peer pressure along with other advertised examples have solidified this. We have all been raised this way in one fashion or another.

Normalizing the use of another mind altering chemical by legalization is not really the issue. The idea that it's need for use on a recreational or daily basis is what needs to be looked at. The mentality and associated behavior is the real issue.

It doesn't matter whether pot is legalized or not. The problem lies in the attitude that intoxication is a part of a productive human life.

:twocents:

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It doesn't matter whether pot is legalized or not. The problem lies in the attitude that intoxication is a part of a productive human life.
    I can assure you that more doors were opened to new levels of humanity by people utilizing cannabis and/or psilocybin than you would ever imagine. Your view of these natural substances is very narrow.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Marijuana, alcohol, nicotine, meth, opioids, fentanyl, a buzz is a buzz.

If the buzz is the goal, then what does it say for the soles that feel they need to seek it to deal with normal life? Should they not be helped to understand how to better deal with life issues as they come rather than attempting to better or dull their perception with chemicals?

So much of the "need" for chemical adjustments to mentality has been pounded into us for our whole life. A huge amount of advertising from every media has taught us that intake of chemicals to "make life better," is a normal adult behavior. Peer pressure along with other advertised examples have solidified this. We have all been raised this way in one fashion or another.

Normalizing the use of another mind altering chemical by legalization is not really the issue. The idea that it's need for use on a recreational or daily basis is what needs to be looked at. The mentality and associated behavior is the real issue.

:twocents:

Most everything I've been trying to say, put very concisely

D'Accord

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Most everything I've been trying to say, put very concisely

D'Accord
    Do you guys ever do any kind of activity that brings you pleasure? (Get your minds out of the gutter!) Is doing something that releases endorphins wrong? Because you know... you should maybe find some activities that don't do that. And before you say, "Well that's natural!", note that it has been mentioned upthread that humans have cannabanoid receptors already that stimulate areas of the brain to bring about pleasure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Sex is a recreational activity. Some people are considered sex addicts. David Duchovny is one such example. Should we outlaw sex since some feel a compulsive, uncontrollable urge to engage in it daily? What about adrenaline junkies? Everyone typically has some type of vice. Perhaps they truly cannot avoid their vice. Or maybe they just genuinely enjoy their vice. If they've done no harm to others, where is the crime? Someone getting stupid drunk doesn't harm others. If they get stupid drunk and drive, the potential for harming others increases. For that reason we've outlawed drunk driving. But we haven't outlawed consuming alcohol.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are confusing biological cause and effect. Cannabinoid receptors modulate the release of chemicals that inhibit the release of neurotransmitters like dopamine

MJ only got noticed by humans because of the dope effect, it isn't that the body developed the receptors because people were smoking pot. Otherwise, why would they smoke it if the receptors didn't exist yet

Unless you are saying neonicatinoid pesticides are effective because all the insects have been smoking tobacco for ages

Since you all like to say how long humans have been smoking pot and how natural it is, people have been using alcohol a lot longer in the form of fermented beverages without distillation - archeological evidence begins at around 10000 B.C.

Shouldn't alcohol get a pass because 'people have been drinking for thousands of years'

Edit: Replying to DoggyDaddy's #270

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You are confusing biological cause and effect. Cannabinoid receptors modulate the release of chemicals that inhibit the release of neurotransmitters like dopamine

MJ only got noticed by humans because of the dope effect, it isn't that the body developed the receptors because people were smoking pot. Otherwise, why would they smoke it if the receptors didn't exist yet

Unless you are saying neonicatinoid pesticides are effective because all the insects have been smoking tobacco for ages

Since you all like to say how long humans have been smoking pot and how natural it is, people have been using alcohol a lot longer in the form of fermented beverages without distillation - archeological evidence begins at around 10000 B.C.

Shouldn't alcohol get a pass because 'people have been drinking for thousands of years'

Edit: Replying to DoggyDaddy's #270
    Alcohol has gotten a pass. I've long suspected it's because the people that make the laws like to get their drink on. Not to mention that it's a multi-billion dollar a year industry.

But regardless, bwframe and you have both indicated that people should just find some other way to "deal with life's problems" (paraphrasing) without altering their mood or mental state. I'm simply saying that people have many ways of doing just that (altering their mental state).

Top Bottom