• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I know a lot of folks who used to own guns....but sold them all or lost them before filing :D Without registration, how in the heck would creditors know about any firearms owned by debtors in the first place?

Well, you do swear under oath in the filing and to the trustee that you've disclosed all property. The penalty for getting found out could be pretty bad. If you file with a spouse and do this, better not make her mad later.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Actually, the idea of bankruptcy long predates the Constitution. A whole bunch of years ago, I had to file and the attorney we used (who is now a judge) informed me that it had its roots in the Bible, where every seven years, all debts were forgiven. My first thought was, "That's silly... who would lend anything in year #6?" but apparently, to refuse to do so was very much frowned upon.

I agree with you that it's a much better idea to pay your debts and I think it's wonderful that Congress is passing pro-gun-rights bills. Now it just has to go to the Senate and then to Obama.

There's no evidence that this was actually ever done, despite the scriptural command.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Unfortunately, my guns recently passed away and I can only hope that they are in Heaven smiling down at me. RIP till we meet again.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    There's no evidence that this was actually ever done, despite the scriptural command.

And that about sums up the entire Bible. Just sayin'.:dunno:

So, I haven't seen any of you tinfoilers point out the fact that this bill was introduced by a democrat:eek: Although I think mrjarrell was hinting towards that.;)

Top Bottom