• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    At least this situation came to a positive conclusion.

This will make for excellent practice negotiating, when you go to the hospital, and they come calling for their 20%, (or MORE), after you're surgery.

The bad thing about the hospital is, they'll own part or all of your house after it's through.:rolleyes:

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    At least this situation came to a positive conclusion.

This will make for excellent practice negotiating, when you go to the hospital, and they come calling for their 20%, (or MORE), after you're surgery.

The bad thing about the hospital is, they'll own part or all of your house after it's through.:rolleyes:

I have experienced this with a $72,000 bill after a hip replacement.:(

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Less time spent on telephone with Hornady rep telling them to pull up your invoice number than you spent on here. How much did you spend on gas looking around for a better price? Save any money? Pay that 7% sales tax? Ordered many a want direct from the source when other sources didn't have them in stock, including some of the very best.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'm glad you got the matter resolved. I have over 20 years of accounts receivable / corporate collections experience with over 8 of those in a management capacity in the shoe, plastics, automotive and wire & cable industries and I can tell you from experience that no reputable company will intentionally bill you for a product that wasn't shipped.

Although most companies have systems (Six Sigma) in place that should prevent this from happening it can still happen if someone does not do their part of the process correctly. A computer will only generate what is input to be generated. Most of the time it is a mostly automated process and it will continue until someone manually stops it.

In the grand scheme of things your $55 in nothing to most large companies. They would not intentionally bill you for something that didn't ship. The reason is because it is going to cost them more to issue the credit to cancel the invoice than the invoice is worth. I know 7 years ago the company I was working for preferred we write off small invoices less than $100 instead of issuing credits due to the credit processing costs. At that time it was about $50 a credit.

Another reason a large scale reputable company is not going to intentionally bill you for product that wasn't ordered or shipped is because internal & external auditors will be looking at their invoicing records & will randomly pick several examples for them to prove that product was ordered & shipped. The industries I worked for did this at least twice a year. The auditors would also send letters to customers asking if their invoices were correct. Incorrect billings are not something you want auditors to find. It's an accounting nightmare. Also incorrect billings can screw up inventory counts. This is another area you do not want auditors questioning.

Just remember most people in a customer service or an accounting office want to make you happy and they want to make things right. It's like anywhere else some times you will reach the one lazy a*s in the bunch. Then you just ask to talk with their supervisor. If you can't get the results you want with accounts receivable you go to the controller and on up the line until your matter is resolved. Most billing issues can be resolved with a phone call. Just keep a log of who you talk to and get copies of any credits or adjustments. Yes it's a pain to have to do it but errors do occur since we are all just human.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I had a magazine threaten me with legal action if I didn't pay the bill on something I didn't order. After a few attempts at being nice, I finally threatened in a letter to take this matter up with the Attorney General of Indiana, and poof! the nasty mail stopped.

They can't ding your credit without a SS#

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Regarding fireball168's offer:

I've never met him or done business with him, but he has a lot more credibility than most around here and I have full confidence that he would do what he says. You, on the other tentacle, are doing a good job of making yourself look bad.

Yeah, Hornady screwed up, but you're getting yourself worked up into a public lather about something most of us would try to resolve with the company first. Then you're getting your lather further worked up when you're not getting the "aww, poor baby" your tantrum seemed to be intended to receive.

OOOOHHH since we no longer have negative rep. Can we PLEASE have "aww, poor baby" rep instead? PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

Top Bottom