• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Killed with my Grandfathers .410 at 18 yards. The .410 and I were both born in 1959,bird probably 2018.
    View attachment 136620

I just love stuff like this.

So much of hunting is about enjoying traditions and memories handed to you.....and passing such things to the next generation.

It is something many who do not hunt simply do not truly understand.

Thanks for sharing, Sir.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I just love stuff like this.

So much of hunting is about enjoying traditions and memories handed to you.....and passing such things to the next generation.

It is something many who do not hunt simply do not truly understand.

Thanks for sharing, Sir.
    Very, very well said.

whiskey6gun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I had a good season in TN and IL. Got to find a good spot in IN.

8c2a979d4788212a7a5cfec60cba22f5.jpg

6f9c81e8dafe8a96b66e6046957216ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Youngest daughter (32 years old now!) got hers at 7:30 this morning. New 410 with rail and choke. One and done. She and I used to skip school each opening morning of turkey season. Great times and memories. We alternated years of who got to shoot first. 410 was purchased for their daughter a kindergartener who is ready to hunt turkeys.

OUTSTANDING!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We were in a blind this morning. We prefer to run and gun but we‘re on less ground than we used to hunt and don’t want to risk spooking any.

We film everything but we don’t own the rights to it so I can’t share it. It’ll probably be on the Sportsman’s Channel next year. Hit Squad Outdoors with Tim Sylvia is the show we film for.

Wow....very cool!
    Post up when it's on.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    True, but this guy is rat smart. When his dog turns up missing this is the first place he'll send the cops. I need to be able to truthfully say that I don't know what happened to it.

Also why I don't play cards for money.;)

You need some hogs!

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Guess my post didn't take!

Buddy's son got his first this season. Called him in with a box call across a field from about 120 yds out.

You know what's better than getting a bird? Seeing a young hunter get his first!
    This is why I love taking others hunting. I was with my stepson when he got his first deer when my wife and I first started dating. Last year I took my friend turkey hunting. He is in his mid 50s and had just gotten into hunting. He shot a jake with 3 beards. He was excited but got more excited when he saw how excited I was. That was even before we realized it was a triple beard! I was also with this friend when he shot his first deer this past fall. It doesn't matter how young or how old, we need to continue introducing new hunters to the sport!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This is why I love taking others hunting. I was with my stepson when he got his first deer when my wife and I first started dating. Last year I took my friend turkey hunting. He is in his mid 50s and had just gotten into hunting. He shot a jake with 3 beards. He was excited but got more excited when he saw how excited I was. That was even before we realized it was a triple beard! I was also with this friend when he shot his first deer this past fall. It doesn't matter how young or how old, we need to continue introducing new hunters to the sport!

Absolutely.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Hopefully, tomorrow morning, I`ll be out for my last hunt of the 2021 spring turkey season. It appears that there is hope. My buddy called up 3 toms that he`s never seen before, all long beards. He`s shooting a 20 gauge, and they hung up about 60 yards out and he wasn`t comfortable with that shot. But at least there are birds out their and they`re responding to calls finally.

Anyone else headed out for the final few days, good luck and be safe!

Last edited:

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I forgot to post this earlier, I got this Tom early in the season. I was sitting in a elevated blind reading INGO on my phone, watching this bird walking by another one of my blinds 300 yards away. I thought great I should have went there this morning. He was by himself so I called once and he swelled up and came in on a string. It was over in a few minutes.
    Was one of the heaviest I have ever taken 29 lbs. 10 inch beard that was as big around as a roll of quarters and 1 inch spurs. Good luck to everyone going out this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
      IMG_0244.jpg
      176.3 KB · Views: 13

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I forgot to post this earlier, I got this Tom early in the season. I was sitting in a elevated blind reading INGO on my phone, watching this bird walking by another one of my blinds 300 yards away. I thought great I should have went there this morning. He was by himself so I called once and he swelled up and came in on a string. It was over in a few minutes.
    Was one of the heaviest I have ever taken 29 lbs. 10 inch beard that was as big around as a roll of quarters and 1 inch spurs. Good luck to everyone going out this weekend
    Wow, neat story and great photo-you have a really good eye for photographs. Great bird too!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well, season is over for me...

Got set up this morning and had a bird gobbling on the roost, 100/150 yards out maybe? It`s hard to be sure since everything is so much thicker now. But just at good light I gave out a few soft tree hen yelps. and no response from the gobbler. He shortly after gobbled at something, I have no idea what. Then he must have flown down and I never heard him again, and never saw him. I saw several deer and one bobcat this morning very early. My buddy heard nothing and saw nothing.

We got breakfast, then went back out. My buddy went to same spot he was at first thing in the morning and I tried a spot one of the neighbors had seen a lone tom at yesterday morning around 10:00 am. I didn`t hear a gobble and saw nothing. My buddy said he had a jake come in gobbling, but he wouldn`t shoot him.

It was a fun season, I saw a lot of deer, a couple coyotes, and a bobcat, just no wild turkey breast this year. It`s always just a little sad and disappointing to not get a bird, but, it was a real blessing to just be out hunting and spend time with my buddy!

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Took my boy out for possibly his last chance this morning. Had one I knew about gobble one time on roost. Flew down in field and gobbled maybe 6 times. Last heard gobble was at 7 then no more.

Spooked two jakes on way back to the truck, Tried cutting them off and have no idea where they went.

He had a blast, showed him an old settlers cabin foundation and well, then looked at head stones in an old pioneer cemetery and found a 4pt. shed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Went out this morning listened, shock called, nothing. About 0800 I heard a gobble and moved closer, it did sound a little strange. It was another hunter.

Top Bottom