• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was talking to a LEO friend about some of the robberies and home invasions and he showed me a picture of an old military web belt that he has set up for home defense. Does any body have a web/battle belt that they have set up for this purpose? if so do you have pics. I am thinking about setting up a belt for this.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Not an old GI Web Belt, but a cheap "Duty belt" I made up for my GLOCK 21. Pouch for 2 extra mags, pouches for 2 AR15 mags, and a pouch for the GLOCK light/laser.
    Nothing fancy, but it works.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Rather than a belt, I think a molle plate carrier would be the thing to have. You could have any gear you'd need on body armor that you could just throw over your pajamas, birth day suit, whatever

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have an old milsurp web belt i can use just need to find a holster and a couple pistol mag pouches. I have a molle vest with plates but i only use that when testing out new cannon designs. I imagine the vest would be slower to put on.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I am looking at some holsters and found the m12 will it hold a 1911? how about a tokarev? Still looking for some mag pouches for an alice belt if anybody has some suggestions for single stack pouches.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Rather than a belt, I think a molle plate carrier would be the thing to have. You could have any gear you'd need on body armor that you could just throw over your pajamas, birth day suit, whatever
    Molle plate carrier on and a rifle in hand naked as the day you were born.........hate to be the bad guy on the recieving end of that lol

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Consider the US Palm Defender series. LINK

You can buy them configured for a handgun, AR, AK, or just molle to set it up yourself. It includes front soft armor and you can add the rear.

defender-ar15-rg.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    We have 3 vests (2 if my brother is at work) 2 soft armor and one hard armor, I am in no hurry to go putting them on unless $#it really gets real. I figure having the stuff on a belt would take advantage of muscle memory since thats where i carry all my important stuff at. The thought also just popped into my head to have a pouch for my cell phone to be held mic up so 911 can hear whats going on and the incident can be audio recorded.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't think having a belt setup like that is a bad idea. I don't have children in the house, so I have absolutely no reason to run through my house and clear it. My plan is to hunker down behind the bed in the bedroom with rifle ready for anything that comes through the door, call the police, and hope for the best. That said, my War Belt and active shooter bag spend most of the time living next to my dresser. Way overkill, but plenty of bullets and bandaids.

SOE Suregrip War Belt with SOE Cobra Riggers belt inside. From left to right
    -Tactical Tailor Magna double pistol pouch
    -HSGI TACOS (X3)
    -HSGI Mag-Net dump pouch
    -HSGI Bleeder / Blowout
    -Strider DBL / NSN in a CSM sheath
    -Blade Tech (Safariland 6354DO on order)
    -HSGI pistol TACO (X2) (Surefire ZX2 and Leatherman MUT in them)

SOE Active Shooter Bag (all SOE stuff)
    -6 rifle mag pouches (3 outer, 3 inner)
    -4 pistol mag pouches (2 on each end inner)
    -pistol pouch
    -tear off med pouch
    Very compact bag, but it's amazing how much stuff it can hold. Currently holding 6 ((10)) waffle mags, 4 Glock 18 mags, Glock 26, and a ton of tactical bandaids. The back pouch is huge, and holds my HALO bandage, big bag of CELOX, and pair of trauma shears with no problem. Rifle sling has a TK-4 CAT on it, and also keep my Peltor electronic ear-pro nearby.

^ picture came out weird, bag is not corduroy :laugh:

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im still on the fence about adding ear pro. I want to have maximum hearing and if I had to choose between dying and hearing damage I think the choice is clear. That being said I have never used the fancy electronic ear pro so I don't know how well you can hear with those on. I also used to keep eye pro next to my gun then I realized I cant hit an elephant in the a$$ with a scoop shovel without my regular glasses so the fancy shooting classes were replaced with my prescription glasses. I want to throw a C.A.T. tourniquet or two on the belt as I get the money for them as well as some chest seals or at least some plastic and duct tape.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Electronic ear protection was one of those things that after I purchased it, I wondered why it took me so long. I can actually hear better with them on rather than off (I even wear them hunting, they work like those Walker Game Ear things), and they react instantly once a shot is fired. I have a bad ear, so I'm kind of neurotic with my good one. For me, it's a must for a home defense kit. Even if you have a suppressed weapon, because the other guy might not and a gun shot inside a building is incredibly louder than outside (especially with a rifle). When you consider how expensive shooting sports are, what's another $50 or so bucks?
    Something I'd also highly recommend is the SOE wrap. I can wear mine all day now without noticing it, where as the band would dig into my head before.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    OK... I live inside 465, and It seems to me, if you think you need this much for home defense, you should move.

A gun and a plan is all you need.

Unless your planning on red dawn.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    OK... I live inside 465, and It seems to me, if you think you need this much for home defense, you should move.

A gun and a plan is all you need.

Unless your planning on red dawn.

I completely agree. I didn't buy any of that stuff for HD, but see no harm in using it as such if the situation arrised.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, better to have and dont need, then need and dont have, FOR SURE. But some of the above pics are abit out there. But what am I saying, I take my gun with me when I take a shower, so whatever.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I plan on having a couple pistol mags an ifak and maybe a few shotgun shells somewhere. When you think about it it isnt that much stuff. My senior year of HS (graduated in 2013) i received no less than 3 death threats every day by local "gang members" so i guess i can be kinda paranoid about this stuff.

Sootch did a good job explaining his setups not sure how much my stuff will resemble his though

Top Bottom