• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm not going to give many details but, we've had items come up missing in our home. The perps are coming during my work hours. No signs of forced entry. Anyways I'm looking for a wireless camera system that records and is capable to hook up to a TV and a Smartphone. 3-4 cameras, <$1000. Any ideas?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm running 4 foscam cameras that were $159 each on amazon. Wireless, viewable from smart phone, can tilt or pan remotely, send emails, alarms, etc. very happy for the price.

6E8BBEA5-D853-462D-A407-C32A0714D711-8749-0000081B80F71E8A_zps8a52ba9d.jpg

That's a screen shot from my iphone. Pardon the messy house. They also have infrared and can see in the dark. The bottom left is actually my pitch black garage.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    To Naptown: I'll check that out. On a different note, I've seen your signature several times. Is that a Wide-Glide?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Are you dead set on wireless?
    If your work hours are durring the day this should be an easier/cheaper set up to find/buy. I f they are hitting you in the dark hours then you will be spending some good money for cameras that will be useful in those very low light times.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Wireless because of running a wire? The very few wireless setups I have messed around with you still had to have a power source near by. Also interference was a big issue (cheaper system). That is why I am asking.

Since I am guessing you will have to have a power source or run a wire for power you may be better off running the cable for the camera to be hard wired which the one wire typically has your power and video/audio in one bundle.

I'm not sure what you know or don't know about this stuff.
    You may want to look at swannstore.com they should have both wired and wireless systems that should be capable of doing exactly what you want. If nothing else for price/spec comparisons.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Brandon is right, "wireless" just refers to the network connection. The foscams are wifi, but do also need a power source. They are great for the price, easily moved, and pretty simple to configure.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah I understand the power supply issue. The locations I would place them at have an outlet nearby. However, it would take quite a bit of cable IMO to run them all to the receiver . I noticed the Harley because I bought a 2004 FXDWGI in 2011. It's got the injected 88 cubic inch motor.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah I understand the power supply issue. The locations I would place them at have an outlet nearby. However, it would take quite a bit of cable IMO to run them all to the receiver . I noticed the Harley because I bought a 2004 FXDWGI in 2011. It's got the injected 88 cubic inch motor.

I would do a little research on the foscams. At the time I purchased, the reviews were pretty unanimous - great value for what you get.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or, you could take the day off of work.
    Have someone leave the house in the morning with your car.
    Sit in dark, play a video game or something.
    Wait.
    You can take the pic yourself.
    And your buddy you brought for backup can dial 911.

Top Bottom