• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well...what do you want to do with it?

Conceal it? Inside the waistband? Outside the waistband? Carry it open?

Which materials construction? Leather? Kydex? Combination of the two?

Gotta provide a little more info, OP. Your original question is just too broad.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    14-5040.jpg

You're welcome.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I agree...there are a LOT of variables which you have not mentioned to receive adequate advice. personally, I like safariland drop leg but that is not exactly something you would want to open carry in public with....if you're going to be open carrying around Indy I would suggest the belt mounted Safariland...both with the thumb button "backstrap" retainer....but for concealed carry it's a much bigger personal preference factor

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I don't understand why this in the Review thread.... I think we need Mod Magically Moved to Handguns..

To OP. You need to first decide how you want to carry, and move from there. Without that information there isn't much help to be had.

Freedom_Bound

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    South Bend
    I agree...there are a LOT of variables which you have not mentioned to receive adequate advice. personally, I like safariland drop leg but that is not exactly something you would want to open carry in public with....if you're going to be open carrying around Indy I would suggest the belt mounted Safariland...both with the thumb button "backstrap" retainer....but for concealed carry it's a much bigger personal preference factor

I agree...The SafariLand 518 with the thumb break is a great holster!!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The best holster is the one made by that one company from out there. I believe they are affiliated with that other group, but I'm not sure. Hope this helps!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I just picked up a Bianchi carry lok for it. I am a big fan of those. Started carrying my 1911 in them and it's now my preferred holster for all mid to large firearms. It keeps it decently flat so it can be concealed with an un-tucked t-shirt but, it's still very quick to draw from and re-holster if needed.

BI22156.jpg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    A couple weeks ago at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood they had the Galco FLETCH for the 92FS on sale for $50, thats a great deal on, in my opinion, one of the best leather holsters out there.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Another holster I will recommend is the Safariland ALS. While not the most concealable of holsters it offers automatic retention upon re-holstering. It takes a little practice to perfect the draw, but it is well worth it.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    I like Galco leather holsters. They can be priced a little bit on the high side but they are well worth it.

i have the galco owb holster for my 92 it is great, some of the best gun leather i have seen/owned it is for concealment no retention.

but the leather is stiff enough enven after 4 years that i can turn it upside down with a fully loaded 92 and shake it and the gun doesnt move

Top Bottom