• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peytonriddle

The Man
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Blackford County
    I recently got my first handgun as a gift from a family member. It’s a Glock 19 Gen 3, I’ve been getting a lot of practice with shooting accurately and another member of the group sent me a self defense book i’ve been reading. My only issue is finding a good holster, I would prefer not to open carry just because I’d rather people not know what I have. But i’m also a heavier set guy and I wear a sweatpants a lot rather than jeans. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good concealed holster?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not with sweat pants. Nothing great comes to mind. If you are not very active and just need something to stay put I have used this at night to check property in my pj's. Its lasted several years.

$19.99 they have a 15% off sale right now also.
    SPRING SALE | 15% OFF SITEWIDE | Promo Code: SPRING15

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I recently got my first handgun as a gift from a family member. It’s a Glock 19 Gen 3, I’ve been getting a lot of practice with shooting accurately and another member of the group sent me a self defense book i’ve been reading. My only issue is finding a good holster, I would prefer not to open carry just because I’d rather people not know what I have. But i’m also a heavier set guy and I wear a sweatpants a lot rather than jeans. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good concealed holster?
    Summer is hard …. But winter you can wear a shoulder holster under sweater coat whatever

Reactions: Leo

tim7431

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Valparaiso
    I agree with DadSmith....BellyBand. I wear on around my yard in the summer because I'm usually in gym shorts. Best solution for sweats. Also I believe in the "Keep it simple" principle. I find that the more complex/complicated a holster is to put on, I tend to shy away from. So when I'm out (not is sweats) I carry in a quality IWB Kydex. Just a simple holster, no spare mag carrier or anything.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    If you wear without a belt like mentioned Philster is the best bet.

Belly bands I’d stay away from most because the fabric allows the trigger to still get manipulated. If set on a belly band check out Ailien gear as they offer one with an actual kydex holster

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...Belly bands I’d stay away from most because the fabric allows the trigger to still get manipulated. If set on a belly band check out Ailien gear as they offer one with an actual kydex holster ...

+1 on not being a big fan of soft belly bands for striker-fired pistols without manual safety levers. In addition to the Alien Gear link, there are a few others that incorporate hard trigger covers into their design.

Also, something like Dale Fricke's Zacchaeus can be combined creatively with a wide variety of belly bands.

Not wearing a belt significantly limits one's options.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    I wear sweatpants all the time. When I go somewhere, I put on my gun belt with a holster and a mag pouch. Pull down my T-shirt and I'm good to go.
    I carry a Springfield Hellcat with a red dot. No one ever notices.

pewpew2232

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Charlestown
    I can't find it but someone makes a IWB fanny pack style holster, similar to a belly band but more adjustment and security, and you don't have thick neoprene making you sweat all day. Might be worth hunting down. Could also try an actual fanny pack.

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Maybe 30 years ago I got a fanny pack holster, nylon with a velcro gun pocket that you could rip open fairly quickly. I carried a Glock 27 in it when it was too warm for other methods. It worked pretty well, got really gross on hot and humid days.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The Alien Gear Sport Tuck is nice if you fall in there sizing range.

Top Bottom