• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I just got back from a quick range trip and cleaned my Shield Plus. As I was putting it back together I noticed that my Holosun was shifting around. Looking through the screw hole it looks like it is snapped off. I have only used the tool that came with the sight to tighten the screws so I do not believe I was putting too much tension on them. From the picture attached you can see what I am dealing with. I am betting I will have to find a very small easy out to get it out of the slide or find a machinist or gun smith that has some means of removing it. Has anyone else run into an issue like this. I am using the CK baseplate. Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Attachments

• IMG_4804.jpeg
      IMG_4804.jpeg
      387.8 KB · Views: 27

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Good luck finding an easy out that small.
    I use a set of reverse drill bits and drill running the drill backwards from small until large and it will usually back out. Usually...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Take a jeweler's file to cut a slot in it. Use proper straight blade screwdriver. I've had to fix things like this for years.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I have used a Dremel to cut a Slot in screws / bolts - then a Slotted screwdriver ... but never on a screw that small

I have seen YouTube videos of People using a small Phillips screwdriver and hitting it with a Hammer to Drive it into the screw stub - but that is hit or miss

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Good luck finding an easy out that small.
    I use a set of reverse drill bits and drill running the drill backwards from small until large and it will usually back out. Usually...
    This....

I use left hand bits after I make a witness hole with a center drill.

If that doesn't work, I use either a hardened Allen key or a torx bit and drive it into the screw. Typically they back out with little effort.

Looks like you have some blue loctite there, so minimal heat should break it up. Use a cigar lighter.

Best of luck!

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    Thank you for the responses. They helped me get started.
    After trying a couple of things I finally turned the slide over, duh, the hole goes all the way through the slide. From the bottom I was able to use a small drill bit and back the screw stub out. I put the original cover back on and the screws threaded correctly. I have replacement screws for the Holosun on order.

Top Bottom