• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The annual Holland Kiwanis Club show is Feb 11th and 12th this year. Held at the Huntingburg Event Center, 200 east 14th Street. Free parking and admission is $6. A little bigger than the Ferdinand show with 220 tables. I'm going to try and make it on Saturday.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I will definitely be there Sat morning. Anybody feel like saying hi, I'll be the geezer with white shoulder length hair and beard with a dark green plain ball cap and glasses. Depending on how early probably have a big mug of coffee in my hand.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'll see your blue baseball cap and raise you a blaze orange INGO cap. Gonna try to get there early, fighting the time difference. I think I will haul along a Glock 19 and a Savage Rascal to sell or trade.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    But look at the bright side, after you leave you'll get home about the same time you left the show! :): Also planning to be there early then afterwards head up to Jasper to do visiting. Not sure yet if I'll be bringing any trade fodder, mostly going to be a lookie-lou.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    But look at the bright side, after you leave you'll get home about the same time you left the show! :): Also planning to be there early then afterwards head up to Jasper to do visiting. Not sure yet if I'll be bringing any trade fodder, mostly going to be a lookie-lou.
    True. I too am going really just to go. Would like to sell what I am taking but have no wish list to speak of.

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Heading there soon myself. It's only 20 minutes away, so I think I'm obligated to go. Trying to save money for other things right now, so just looking around.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Good show as expected. Very well attended today but didn't feel too crowded. There was a good selection of S&W revolvers at high to decent prices. Saw a few 3rd gen S&W autos including a 3913 and a 6946 DAO as well.

Two most tempting items were a Marlin 39A in good condition with a manuf. date of my birth year for $750 and a S&W 627 Pro Series. I recently got a 39A Mountie so it was a no to the Marlin. The 627 was very tempting but they were asking $900. Sportsmen's Warehouse has these new for $1,120. This one had a very small ding on the frame where the barrel threaded in and some speckling or freckling on one side. Wouldn't rub off with my shirt and looked to be a little rust. My offer of $750 was politely rejected and I walked away.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good show as expected. Very well attended today but didn't feel too crowded. There was a god selection of S&W revolvers at high to decent prices. Saw a few 3rd gen S&W autos including a 3913 and a 6966 DAO as well.

Two most tempting items were a Marlin 39A in good condition with a manuf. date of my birth year for $750 and a S&W 627 Pro Series. I recently got a 39A Mountie so it was a no to the Marlin. The 627 was very tempting but they were asking $900. Sportsmen's Warehouse has these new for $1,120. This one had a very small ding on the frame where the barrel threaded in and some speckling or freckling on one side. Wouldn't rub off with my shirt and looked to be a little rust. My offer of $750 was politely rejected and I walked away.
    You were smart to get there a little later. I got there about 10, took 15 minutes to find a parking spot and it was so full it was hard to get a look at anything. Thinned out quite a bit by 11:30 so made browsing much easier.
    Didn't really have anything in particular I was looking for, just browsing and seeing if anything struck my fancy. Found a matching numbers, elm stocked Swede the dealer would give me good trade value on so for a unused 9mm and a little cash it came home. Also picked up some BBQ sauce and some rub from a local maker. Guess pulled pork is on the menu this week.
    All in all enjoyed it, got crop dusted only once and it seemed that most patrons had had a shower within the last day or so.

Top Bottom