• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I like how he calls illegal immigrants "unauthorized immigrants."

Can we apply that logic to other crimes? Breaking and entering becomes "unauthorized visitation. Selling drugs? "Unauthorized pharmacy."

Meanwhile they strip away the privacy, free speech, and right to bare arms of actual citizens.

tsugaruroman

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Pathetic. I am a green card holder and it took me months of back ground checks and a lot of money to get my visa. And now if I want to apply for citizenship, it will take even longer and cost even more. How stupid I was! All I had to do is cross the border illegally and them demand my human rights!

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    "Unauthorized immigrants" is the new convention. It more accurately describes the people as opposed to the act they committed.

It was a change by the AP in their stylebook that has been picked up by others.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    "Unauthorized immigrants" is the new convention. It more accurately describes the people as opposed to the act they committed.

It was a change by the AP in their stylebook that has been picked up by others.

Much like "Unauthorized life-taker" is in now for those called murderers.
    "Wealth re-distributer" is Thief
    "Conservative" is Terrorist
    etc...

dbrobins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    Pathetic. I am a green card holder and it took me months of back ground checks and a lot of money to get my visa. And now if I want to apply for citizenship, it will take even longer and cost even more. How stupid I was! All I had to do is cross the border illegally and them demand my human rights!

As someone that has gone through the same process (through to citizenship), I do not believe that merely because I have experienced such expense and infringement it justifies inflicting it on others. But I certainly understand the sentiment. If Indiana moved to constitutional carry (no permits no infringements, like Arizona, Alaska, Vermont, and I think Wyoming too?), for example, I might be upset that I had just paid near $150 for a no longer necessary permit, but I wouldn't feel the fact that I had to pay into a protection racket justified inflicting that protection racket on others.

dbrobins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    I say we just all go move into his house and say we are just unauthorized residents.

I don't think this analogy works. The land claimed by the various US governments is nobody's "house"; there is instead a patchwork of millions of different private owners, and if someone wants to come on to property where the owner wants them - whether as employee, tenant, or guest - or onto public (unowned) property, there exists no right to stop them. I would agree they shouldn't be given handouts, but I do not think people that were born here should have my money redistributed to them either.

Certainly accident of birth does not convey a (moral) right to work or live somewhere, although it may presently create a legal one. Remember that what is right and what is legal rarely overlaps; we don't have to look very far back for atrocities and the atrocious laws that made them legal. Even today there are hundreds of thousands of laws against victimless "crimes" that should never have been made or enforced.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Much like "Unauthorized life-taker" is in now for those called murderers.
    "Wealth re-distributer" is Thief
    "Conservative" is Terrorist
    etc...

Wait, I thought we were supposed to call the wealth redistributor Mr. President. When did it change to thief?

Seriously, my company's "unofficial" policy is to call them "undocumented immigrants." Sorry, I can't jump on the PC bandwagon. They break the law, they are illegal aliens in my book.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county

Thank you for posting this. Your reasons are why I personally am against the amnesty move. It is not fair and does nothing but encourage more illegals to "move north". What the govt doesn't seem to grasp is that with policy decisions comes unintended consequences.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I guess I was confused about what civil and human rights are, glad ol' Eric Holder cleared that up for me. Seriously, how much lower can they go?
    Eric Holder: Path to Earned Citizenship ‘A Matter of Civil and Human Rights’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

I have not read the article, but will later.

That said, holer generally confuses rights with state grants. He believes rights come from man.

Many believe as much.

Likewise, holder generally confuses a republic with a democracy.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    When I first read "1984" many years ago I really thought it was a fiction book. I see now it was some kind of magical window into the future of America. It is sad to see what our country has come to be. Newspeak, Big Brother and all.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    When I first read "1984" many years ago I really thought it was a fiction book. I see now it was some kind of magical window into the future of America. It is sad to see what our country has come to be. Newspeak, Big Brother and all.

It may be worth picking up Farenheit 451 again as well.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010

I hear this at work all the time, I work with many Indian and Asian people with advanced degrees in engineering and different sciences who have jumped through tons of hoops to get here. One of the guys makes the joke that if he knew it were that easy to sneak in people would start swimming all the way from India to come here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wait, I thought we were supposed to call the wealth redistributor Mr. President. When did it change to thief?

Seriously, my company's "unofficial" policy is to call them "undocumented immigrants." Sorry, I can't jump on the PC bandwagon. They break the law, they are illegal aliens in my book.

No change. You are simply being more specific addressing the 'Thief in Chief'.

Top Bottom