• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Correct. But I'm wondering how popular it will be with those changes. The purists will reeee till the cows come home. I think those same folks didn't balk as much with the SA and will be better received
    I don't mind the little changes that SA made. Personally, if I'm going to buy something along the lines of a resurgence of the Hi-Power I would want it to be as close to the original design as possible.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Some more pics:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Some more pics:

That stainless steel model looks really nice.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That stainless steel model looks really nice.
    I agree, there are a lot of details in these new guns, it looks like some sort of beavertail insert, it has an undercut trigger guard that will be nice, a front and backstrap treatment, uses 509 sights etc. It's pretty much a new gun, the traditionalists are having a cow but no different than somebody that loves WWI 1911's and then sees a Staccato lol. If FN would have just brought back the same old MKIII gun I wouldn't have been interested as they take too much work to really be something you'd carry, these new ones look good to go and i'm really liking the nice slide/frame fit in that one photo.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It looks like EAA with the Girsan is upping their game as well with some teaser pics of a rail frame version and a model with an actual beavertail that everybody always wants.

I noticed that rail version has a flat faced trigger as well. Interesting times for the Hi Power re-birth. I'm assuming it's gonna be a while though before these hit the market in any numbers. Same as with the FN.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm really liking that girsan. What can I say I'm a cheapskate lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I understand they're not for everyone, but I think the Turkish companies have stepped up their game. I bought a TISAS GI model 1911 last year and I was really impressed by the quality of the fit and finish. That wasn't an easy task because I own a number of DWs.

I guess only time will tell.

I'm invested in 1911s but I might be willing to give the Girsan a shot just to get a taste of Hi Power again. Just need to see them in circulation and get more reviews first. I posted a review earlier and it looked promising but again that's only one early review.

Last edited:

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I understand they're not for everyone, but I think the Turkish companies have stepped up their game. I bought a TISAS 1911 last year and I was really impressed by the quality of the fit and finish. I guess only time will tell.
    I've had good luck with Turkish guns my edc is a canik elite combat executive

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've had good luck with Turkish guns my edc is a canik elite combat executive

Caniks are GTG for a polymer option. Lotta people love them. Including James Yeager.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Yeah sold my g17 after shooting my canik. I can actually hit something with it lol.
    Back on topic though I'll probably find another surplus hi power

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Caniks are GTG for a polymer option. Lotta people love them. Including James Yeager.
    Canik was the first Turkish handgun I bought. TP9V2. Very solid pistol. Gave it away, then missed them and bought the newer TP9SF. Gave it away same thing happened and u bought the TP9DA. It has stayed with me this time. I trust my life with them. Very reliable and accurate. I've shot all three thousands of rounds.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Meh. I still prefer the SA version, at least on paper (which at least so far as I'm concerned is the only place they exist). It provides meaningful updates to improve shootability like a decent trigger, ergonomic grips, and better sights while maintaining the classic action. It's got no unwanted ambi-controls to complicate things and get in the way (sorry lefties), and gets rid of unwanted elements like the bitey hammer and mag safety. And most importantly, it's offered at a digestible price for what will for me essentially be a range toy.

Unfortunately, SA can't seem to put them on the shelves, and now I'm hearing rumors of extraction issues. If they'd filled the order my LGS put in 3 months ago, they'd already have my money. As it is, I'm now a little more hesitant and thinking I should wait and see what happens with the extractors. Not that it really matters, because I still haven't seen one in real life to even have the opportunity to make the decision to buy it or not.

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    I was VERY excited about the Springfield. First issue. I can’t find one anywhere (or they’re asking $1,200 or more). All my local LGS can’t get one in stock. But as 92FSTech said…I’m hearing about extraction issues. So I’ve cooled to the SA. I’m really excited about the FN but we’re back at $1,200. So I’m now thinking maybe the Girsan. The extended beaver tail- yes. The pic rail-yes. Standard Hi Power too!

Top Bottom