• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The progressive Democrat freedom-haters gun-grabbers are surely thrilled with a lot of posts in this thread. Like it or not, in virtually every major election, either the Democrat or the Republican will win. If those who value liberty withhold their vote, all it means is that the Democrats will win even more often and will destroy this country even faster. It is foolish fantasy to believe otherwise.

The time to get a good conservative candidate is in the primary. I always vote for a conservative candidate in the primary. But if a RINO wins the primary, he or she is still far better than the Communist who the Democrats put up in the general election. Refusing to vote just puts more Communist left-wingers in office. It certainly doesn't do anything else.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The first past the post voting system is highly problematic, but fear-mongering and saying that we must vote for the lesser of two evils isn't productive. in 2022, popular sentiment is tremendously anti-democrat, and we can use that to either have a 70-30 landslide, or maybe a 30-40-30, with a strong libertarian faction, so that we can at least make the republicans aware of the fact that other opinions exist in this country.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I will vote for the more conservative candidate in the general election, every time. Even if they aren't really conservative.
    Continuing to vote for the lesser evil ensures that our only options are evil vs. lesser evil. Something about a round room and pissing in a corner...
    Imagine a R loses to a D, not because the D got more votes; but that the R got zero votes. Not possible, I know. But imagine it happened. Would not the message be obvious to the R? There is no mention of R's and D's in our constitution. Maybe our votes should start reflecting such.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Continuing to vote for the lesser evil ensures that our only options are evil vs. lesser evil. Something about a round room and pissing in a corner...
    Imagine a R loses to a D, not because the D got more votes; but that the R got zero votes. Not possible, I know. But imagine it happened. Would not the message be obvious to the R? There is no mention of R's and D's in our constitution. Maybe our votes should start reflecting such.

I'll make it simple for you. If we all followed your advice, Holcomb would not have been elected. Maybe that would make you happy, but not me. Not at all. Because today we would NOT have constitutional carry.

So the lesser of two evils worked out.

And no, that message would NOT be obvious. They've lost plenty of elections and the only thing that changed was that our government moved more to the left. Your scheme only works in your head.

I will vote Conservative every time in the primaries. I will then vote for the more Conservative candidate in the general election, even if that person is not what I would define as Conservative.

And in the meantime, all bitching aside, I will raise a glass to Governor Holcomb for doing the right thing. He accomplished something that your scheme would not have produced.

My wife, oldest daughter, and oldest son can now carry concealed without giving their fingerprints to the state. Our government and Holcomb, took a giant leap back to the right. It was a good day today.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    McConnell you think would be better?...that RINO married like the richest China family daughter. Guess where his interest are....if you guessed America I would say your wrong. There is no difference between Schumer and McConnell....they do what their bosses, the higher elites tell them. View attachment 189295
    Ooops. Taiwanese.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Ya but China says its still China, and most there are. Its were they all fled after losing the Civil War against the commies
    That's as may be, but to imply that McConnell's loyalties are with China because he married a person from Taiwan, a country that fears and loathes China more than we do, just stretches credulity.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'll make it simple for you. If we all followed your advice, Holcomb would not have been elected. Maybe that would make you happy, but not me. Not at all. Because today we would NOT have constitutional carry.

And no, that message would NOT be obvious. They've lost plenty of elections and the only thing that changed was that our government moved more to the left. Your scheme only works in your head.

I will vote Conservative every time in the primaries. I will then vote for the more Conservative candidate in the general election, even if that person is not what I would define as Conservative.

And in the meantime, all bitching aside, I will raise a glass to Governor Holcomb for doing the right thing. He accomplished something that your scheme would not have produced.

My wife, oldest daughter, and oldest son can now carry concealed without giving their fingerprints to the state. Our government and Holcomb, took a giant leap back to the right. It was a good day today.
    Holcomb signing CC is a good thing. We agree on that. But the reality is we're getting CC in spite of Holcomb. Not because of Holcomb. Also, Holcomb was not the most conservative candidate on the ballot.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

holcomb is no "saviour" in the matter, nor even a defender of Liberty.

holcomb is a tool.

Hitch yourself to a government, a governor, a right, a left as you choose.

Exercise your choice well.

I favor Liberty.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    That's as may be, but to imply that McConnell's loyalties are with China because he married a person from Taiwan, a country that fears and loathes China more than we do, just stretches credulity.
    Not really....her dad was born in China and made his Billions here in the shipping trade with mainland China. The richest US/China shipper of dry goods. Sorry you don't see the $$$$ flow. And $25 million of that went to McConnell as a gift from dear old dad. Ya.....McConnell couldn't be swayed by all that $$$...can't happen, not in D.C.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You mean the guy that tried all he could to stop it? We have it in spite of him, not because of him. IF there had been a D in the office, and he had vetoed the bill, I can guarantee you it would have been overridden. In fact, I imagine that at least some of the Rs that voted against it in the first place might have voted for it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    holcomb is no "saviour" in the matter, nor even a defender of Liberty.

holcomb is a tool.

Hitch yourself to a government, a governor, a right, a left as you choose.

Exercise your choice well.

I favor Liberty.
    You wrote something there I never said or even implied. It is difficult to have a rational discussion when that happens.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    You mean the guy that tried all he could to stop it? We have it in spite of him, not because of him. IF there had been a D in the office, and he had vetoed the bill, I can guarantee you it would have been overridden. In fact, I imagine that at least some of the Rs that voted against it in the first place might have voted for it.
    So are you saying it'd be better to have a D in office? I respectfully disagree. It did not have to be overridden with the Rino. Saved a step. He did the right thing on this one.

Just out of curiosity, how many votes did it have as is? I'm not certain an override would have been guaranteed. And politically, a veto would have give D's some political momentum for a future attack on it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Holcomb signing CC is a good thing. We agree on that. But the reality is we're getting CC in spite of Holcomb. Not because of Holcomb. Also, Holcomb was not the most conservative candidate on the ballot.
    He was the most conservative with an actual chance. I'd vote Libertarian if the candidate had a snowball's chance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So are you saying it'd be better to have a D in office? I respectfully disagree. It did not have to be overridden with the Rino. Saved a step. He did the right thing on this one.

Just out of curiosity, how many votes did it have as is? I'm not certain an override would have been guaranteed. And politically, a veto would have give D's some political momentum for a future attack on it.
    Would a D have been better? No, just different.

30 in the Senate and 69 if I remember correctly in the House. 5 Senators would have to flip. What are the odds any do if there is a D Governor doing the vetoing? Holcomb actively campaigned against its passage, just like a D would have. The difference being that some Rs in the congress actually listened to him.

I don't buy the momentum argument either, unless there were to be a massive shift in how people see things in this State. If that were the case, then the shift would be in the Congress, and we would be in trouble anyway.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Would a D have been better? No, just different.

30 in the Senate and 69 if I remember correctly in the House. 5 Senators would have to flip. What are the odds any do if there is a D Governor doing the vetoing? Holcomb actively campaigned against its passage, just like a D would have. The difference being that some Rs in the congress actually listened to him.

I don't buy the momentum argument either, unless there were to be a massive shift in how people see things in this State. If that were the case, then the shift would be in the Congress, and we would be in trouble anyway.
    Ok, so in other words, not so simple to just override it. THanks for clarifying that. At the end of the day, he did the right thing. A D would have never done that and I think everyone here knows that.

Floorguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    Akron
    Holcomb is a swamp rat. I hope we get a decent choice when the primaries roll around. This guy is a follower. I appreciate the CC vote. During the COVID thing no leadership. Let's just see what the other states do. I really don't know if I can vote for this guy again. He only does what is polically best for himself. Rat

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom