• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Too bad they can't both be struck dead by lightning and replaced by two randomly-selected names from the White Pages. I got a glossy flyer card in the mail last week from the Shreve campaign. It read like a Sarah Brady mailing from the 1980s. Gun control was literally the _only_ issue on it. Nothing else.

If he thinks that's going to pry enough black church ladies and Broad Ripple software "bros" from the Democrats to make up a 10% poll deficit, I believe he'll be disappointed. (The thought of him wearing a Kente cloth in a black church while tricking for votes is entertaining, though).

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Effective Hogsett commercial currently running shows Shreve uh, uh, fumbling for an answer when asked what message was being sent by photo of someone open carrying while standing near Shreve. The photo was obviously a planned gotcha surprise question.
    Shreve: I uh didn't mean to send any message.
    Snarky Phil Bremen (former WTHR reporter): I didn't ask what message you intended to send. I want to know what message was received?
    Shreve: Uh, Uh... I ... gee. (Confused look on face, fade out).
    Hey Jefferson, why didn't you tell smart mouth Phil that you have no idea what message was received. He'd have to ask whoever the offended person was that freaked out at the sight of a holstered gun.
    Yeah, Shreve is toast.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Shreve 101 should be a freshman political science course on how to not run as a Republican. What a bored rich boy eff-tard, completely tone deaf CoC Republican stereotype.
    Hundred percent. Cautionary tale.

Though I wonder what his final percentage will be, purely on the basis of "anyone but Hoggsett". I suspect most Republicans will simply skip this one and not vote.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hundred percent. Cautionary tale.

Though I wonder what his final percentage will be, purely on the basis of "anyone but Hoggsett". I suspect most Republicans will simply skip this one and not vote.

Mostly straight party lever pullers (or touch screen mashers these days) I would guess, with some smattering of low information and/or protest votes.

Is there an election system where you can give someone a negative vote? You can vote for one of these candiates or against one...it would at least make it ethical to make a selection in some of these douche v turd sandwich elections.

I'm voting for Bigfoot or @Frank_N_Stein . With the assumption they are different entities, mind you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Shreve 101 should be a freshman political science course on how to not run as a Republican. What a bored rich boy eff-tard, completely tone deaf CoC Republican stereotype.
    He really created the Wikipedia entry:

1. There's not enough Republicans to win in Indianapolis, for starters.
    2. He's assured not to get all of them, because of the "gun thing."
    3. The "gun thing" will also cost him Democrats; if you're a liberal gun owner, he literally has nothing for you.
    4. Most Democrats just want the real thing anyway.

Really, it's remarkable he's doing as well in polls as he is. People are really not paying attention yet. Once they do, I can't see how this works.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When questioned about the guy next to him open carrying, if Shreve had any brains he should have just said "It is that person's constitutional right". Makes me wonder if Shreve even knows that we have a constitution.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When questioned about the guy next to him open carrying, if Shreve had any brains he should have just said "It is that person's constitutional right". Makes me wonder if Shreve even knows that we have a constitution.
    I hate that commercial. Not just because of Shreve's response, but because AIWB carry is referred to as "flashing a gun". :n00b: Um, no. If he had drawn the gun and waved it around, that would be flashing a gun. Idiots.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My bet is no, he does not know that the State has a constitution nor the country. He heard about it from someone a long time ago in grade school.

He obviously has no idea what his Constitutional Rights are, and therefore he does not know (or care) what yours are.

Oh, and what DoggyDaddy said.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Any politican not smart enough to lie or at least omit his 2A intentions isn't worthy to be a politician.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shreve’s policies are apparently the same as Hogsett’s and dang, he looks like him too.

One thing to keep in mind the state Republican politicians are behind him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom