• ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Screenshot_20210927-184823_Facebook-2108755.jpg

While I have recently gotten back into black powder, I did stock up fairly well over the last two years. Probably enough to last me the rest of my life. It does suck though that they are closing this even though demand is high.

I would assume part of this decision was related to the explosion there last year and I guess they are focusing on smokeless powder. Otherwise I can't imagine what drove this decision considering that there is a demand for it.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another chemical chased overseas. Some business owners who were selling out told me that manufacturing was finished in this country, maybe they were right. Hop Sing black powder can't be far behind.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Another chemical chased overseas. Some business owners who were selling out told me that manufacturing was finished in this country, maybe they were right. Hop Sing black powder can't be far behind.
    Yep. Gotta love world trade. “But but wait…. They have plants here…..”my Datsun is made in Alabama…..

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It is not hard to make black powder. It is difficult to make quality black powder.

It's apparently hard to make without exploding. Looks like they've had at least eight since opening in '97. Is BP that much harder to safely manufacture than smokeless, or does that facilitate just have issues? An explosion once every four years on average doesn't seem like a great record.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've worked with flammable and explosive industrial chemicals my entire career, I would have to see the details on the accidents, all of which would have to be reported regardless of size. Static electricity is a constant danger in manufacturing.

Usually your insurance company, like Starr Technical Risk keeps you doing things right.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Just can't catch a break. ZERO BP production in the United States, what a sorry state of affairs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom