• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    No. I don't claim to be perfect. I certainly could have missed something. That being said, I have shot HK's, glocks, m&p's, xdm's, and ppq's. From a standpoint of it being a reliable tool, I have not seen a lick of difference, and that is reflected in all of the testing I have read about as well.

It just shows that I have some design work credibility. If you show me how a HK is better, I will understand. Still waiting on that...

So because you're an engineer and don't see it then it can't be true?

Maybe you should buy one and reverse engineer it. Report back when you have finished. No need for anything further until then!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This is INGO, a local community forum where a lot of people know others. Not some anonymous mega forum. I meet with multiple people on here. I have no reason to lie about my profession, and if I did, I'm sure a few will jump in and say something.

And again, still waiting on how the "engineering, materials, and QC" is better. Sure doesn't look like it from any of the reliability I've seen.

It shows that you say your an engineer that's all.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    This is INGO, a local community forum where a lot of people know others. Not some anonymous mega forum. I meet with multiple people on here. I have no reason to lie about my profession, and if I did, I'm sure a few will jump in and say something.

And again, still waiting on how the "engineering, materials, and QC" is better. Sure doesn't look like it from any of the reliability I've seen.

Are you saying I called you a liar? I think you need to read the words and not what you think.

I'm done with this you clearly just want to argue and are so full of what you believe to be true that nothing else matters.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Got my ppq for $500, and when I was looking on slickguns, most of what I saw in stock was about $600 for a vp9. So that's what I based my $100 difference on.

Most of my posts are regarding P30's, USP's, etc... though.

The VP9 is getting close to where HK's should be priced. Maybe HK is learning it's lesson after being almost bankrupt after the largest gun buy panic in history :laugh:

How does a $550 Walther PPQ cost $100 more than a $575 HK VP9? That must be some new math.:laugh:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Still waiting on your information as to how a HK is mechanically superior in terms of reliability...

Are you saying I called you a liar? I think you need to read the words and not what you think.

I'm done with this you clearly just want to argue and are so full of what you believe to be true that nothing else matters.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    So your comparing a hammer fired to a striker fired... not even the same animal. Thus the reason the HK VP9 is in the cheaper ball park. Even the Sig hammer fired are in the upper price tier for that matter. Cheeze Whiz man! take a deep breath.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    HK will be having a rebate program running from Nov 1 to Dec 15 if anyone is interested in picking one up; its $200.00...it applies to USP,P30,HK45,Mark23, and MR Rifle platforms. I think the form should be on their website at the end of the month, but if anyone needs it I have a PDF of it....

Thanks for the info.

Still overpriced :popcorn:

With all the deals hk has been running to sell their handguns, you think they're figuring out how grossly overpriced their firearms are?

This being the second post in this thread, you are clearly just trying to stir the pot. The OP was just trying to provide some info to those who might want to purchase a HK firearm. And the trolling continues now.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Not only that, it's trigger is second to none in the polymer gun realm (the new vp9 is fairly comparable, but it's still $100 or more over the price of a ppq).

Sooooo $575(VP9)-$500(PPQ cost so you say)= $75.........still not $100 or more. Still waiting on that new math lesson:p Must be engineer math:bowdown:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    HK VP9 9mm Pistol 15 Round Black - 2 Mags and standard sights - $589.99 - Cash Price - Free Shipping | Slickguns

$590 is the cheapest I see it...I also see it for sale for $650. Tack on $15-25 transfer fees, and it's over $100 more than I paid for my ppq. If you can find it for $575 out the door, that's a heck of a deal compared to the normal price point.

Math...I get it.

Sooooo $575(VP9)-$500(PPQ cost so you say)= $75.........still not $100 or more. Still waiting on that new math lesson:p Must be engineer math:bowdown:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom