• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's an interesting lecture to include in a Fighting Rifle course. I like how it sets the tone for what will be learned in the class. Reid's presentations get better with every video.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I watched the first two so far. Will have to finish them another day. As Cedartop mentioned we got to meet Reid in Tennessee. In fact he coached me my first day down there. Very high energy and personable guy.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I watched the first two so far. Will have to finish them another day. As Cedartop mentioned we got to meet Reid in Tennessee. In fact he coached me my first day down there. Very high energy and personable guy.
    He seems like it. I wished I could have made that trip. Buying the new home and the lenders bouncing our closing date around like a tennis ball at the last minute caused me a lot of headache this summer.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here's a related video (looks to be filmed during same class) about rifle ballistics and zeroing.

***LANGUAGE***

[video=youtube;LUJfYr13k_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUJfYr13k_A[/video]

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    tagged. My internet is killin me. So much lag. I finally made it through the first video. Interesting to be sure. I wish he wasn't so disjointed in his presentation though. There is an interesting fictional book series by David Weber called the "Safehold Series" in which he goes through the R&D of military materiel starting with smooth bore muskets and Galleons and progressing toward modern technology at a rapid rate. Not the best ever book series I've read, but very interesting from a historical development point of view. If this stuff interests you, you might find that series interesting.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have tried to view Reid's vids, but they seem pretty dry to me.

That's what I meant when I said they were getting better. His "off the cuff" stuff is more natural and less dry than some of the history stuff he's taught before.

Separately, it's hard for me to take him serious, looking as he does.

I met, trained with, and had dinner with Reid (and his father) during my Fighting Pistol course at Tactical Response. So judgements based solely on personal appearance were short-lived. I guess he kinda does look like the Geico caveman a bit. But I have respect for him as a trainer and found his passion for history and defense refreshing.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have tried to view Reid's vids, but they seem pretty dry to me. Separately, it's hard for me to take him serious, looking as he does.

Weird that you would say that. When I first met him I guessed he worked for Yeager before he ever said so. He was exactly what I would expect, and dry wasn't one of the words that came to mind. We are all different in personalities and observations.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...judgements based solely on personal appearance were short-lived. I guess he kinda does look like the Geico caveman a bit. But I have respect for him as a trainer and found his passion for history and defense refreshing.

... We are all different in personalities and observations.

Gotcha. I totally get the idea of different impressions when training with folks.

I'm just sayin' eye appeal is buy appeal and I'm just one menial consumer.
    ...I'm just an old guy that remembers when professionals looked professional. ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm just sayin' eye appeal is buy appeal and I'm just one menial consumer.
    ...I'm just an old guy that remembers when professionals looked professional. ;)

Knowing you as I do Mr. Frame that actually surprises me a bit. As the quintessential "gray man" I figured pressed shirts would be a non-starter for you. :)

So I humbly offer you these instructors from Gunsite.

gunsite17ruger.jpg

Top Bottom