• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks for the reply kalboy, I was wondering about that. If it will eat a little steel case that would help to ease the cost of shooting a little for sure.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Thanks for the reply kalboy, I was wondering about that. If it will eat a little steel case that would help to ease the cost of shooting a little for sure.

Sure thing. Although you didn't ask here's a little FYI ...FWIW, mine also came with one of the 14rd Promag magazines. Worked great , properly engaged the LRBHO and everything, with any ammo and my only objection was the length. Info in case you or any reader is entertaining these.
    Sold mine to a HP forum member from Arizona, it was just kind of cumbersome.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I have one I picked up last year. I installed the ATI stock, Red Dot Site and Camo Painted it. I've never had a FTF/FTE, it eats all Ammo. The Grandkids Love shooting this carbine. It's a Cheap gun but the Fun Factor is 100%.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I shot a guys once at the range. He was all pumped up about it and insisted I shoot it. I shot it. I think they are junk.

But, disclaimer so I don't hurt anyone's feeling...I have never been interested in owning low quality stuff just so I could do something. If I can't find a way to buy quality I will do without first.

Which is why I don't own much...:)

Edit...the one I shot was 9mm. Just thought about that.

I am the same way. I dont own much anymore but what I do have is the very best quality that I can afford.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Sure thing. Although you didn't ask here's a little FYI ...FWIW, mine also came with one of the 14rd Promag magazines. Worked great , properly engaged the LRBHO and everything, with any ammo and my only objection was the length. Info in case you or any reader is entertaining these.
    Sold mine to a HP forum member from Arizona, it was just kind of cumbersome.

Good deal, thanks for the info. Ill keep that stuff in mind :yesway:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I love the pistol caliber carbines. They are a blast to shoot, and quite a bit cheaper to feed. My problem is I like the expensive ones. If your just wanting something to plink with, the Hipoint is probably the way to go. If your wanting something to keep forever, buy the best that you can afford. Just my two cents.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I see the high point carbine and the only thing I can think of is when you see the gorilla in "the planet of the apes" on the horse with a rifle.
    "Get your paws off me you dirty filthy ape!"

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I love my Hi Point 9mm, it is a blast to shoot, and I picked it up used for $100. Here is a picture of it with a Hi Point 9mm handgun.
    w001.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It just seems for no more than they cost, and for their intended purpose (to blast stuff at the range) seems like a fun gun to have if you can get a deal on one.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    It just seems for no more than they cost, and for their intended purpose (to blast stuff at the range) seems like a fun gun to have if you can get a deal on one.

They really are. Heck, I only paid $200 for mine--brand new in the box--but that was like 3 years ago before the prices of guns went crazy.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think if I can pick it up at a decent price ill probably end up getting one. Having a carbine in 45acp would be kinda fun to plink with at the range

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I shot a guys once at the range. He was all pumped up about it and insisted I shoot it. I shot it. I think they are junk.

But, disclaimer so I don't hurt anyone's feeling...I have never been interested in owning low quality stuff just so I could do something. If I can't find a way to buy quality I will do without first.

Which is why I don't own much...:)

Edit...the one I shot was 9mm. Just thought about that.

Did it not go bang when you pulled the trigger? Did you not hit what you aimed at? How helpful is it it say "I thought it was junk" and not say why?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Because its a hipoint... If it looked alittle better and had a different name, with a better stigma attached to it, people would like it more.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I one I had came dressed in an ATI stock and had a red dot scope, but the truth is, I like the look of the newer TS stock better. Opinions vary, I guess.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I picked up my carbine several years ago used for about $200 with a few extra mags and extras. It is the only product from Hi Point I actually enjoy. I hate their handguns. I shouldn't have sold the carbine. It's a nice cheap range plinker or beater carbine. I never had a problem with it. The 2 Hi Point handgun I had was a totally different story.

If they made a double stack mag version I think it'd be better. Currently I'm saving for a Vector UZI SBR.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Any of you guys ever ran any steel case ammo through them?

All I have shot in ANY of my HPs is steel case and aluminum case. I figured cheap, rugged weapons deserved
    cheap, rugged ammo, and it has been all Tula Steel and Blazer Aluminum. 100% PERFECT!!! No FTF, No FTE,
    no Runs, no Drips, no Errors! (oops, that's Krylon :D )

I still have to shoot my 4095 and my 4595, but my C9, JCP and JHP all liked the cheap ammo! Maybe I ran some
    brass thru the C9, but I cannot remember... However, it's all GREAT! No magazine tweaks (that is almost STRICTLY a C9 Problem, anyway)
    My HPs have been perfect so far. Get the 4595, I'm pretty sure you will like it. I bought mine based on the above experiences.
    The 40s and 45s are generally better than the 9s anyway! The JHP shares mags with the 4595, and the JCH with the 4095.
    AFAIK, the C9 DOES NOT Share Mags with the 995, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom