• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've got the 995 carbine and I love mine. Last time I shot it I was hitting 4-6" steel at about 70 yards using just the stock sights.

I had to send it in once and they fixed the issue with no problems, no questions asked. You can't beat the warranty.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I shot a guys once at the range. He was all pumped up about it and insisted I shoot it. I shot it. I think they are junk.

But, disclaimer so I don't hurt anyone's feeling...I have never been interested in owning low quality stuff just so I could do something. If I can't find a way to buy quality I will do without first.

Which is why I don't own much...:)

Edit...the one I shot was 9mm. Just thought about that.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I had a 995 also. Its a tack driver but the biggest problem I had is the magazine. They suck. I used both a Hi Point and a ProMag aftermarket.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea Ive had one of the 9mm models and it was ok. Didn't really have any issues with it other than the mags. Only reason I ask is a fella has a 45acp model an looks to be cheap enough, so thought about springing on it. Just didn't know if anyone had any real world experience with the 45acp model. Don't really see to many of those.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I shot a guys once at the range. He was all pumped up about it and insisted I shoot it. I shot it. I think they are junk.

But, disclaimer so I don't hurt anyone's feeling...I have never been interested in owning low quality stuff just so I could do something. If I can't find a way to buy quality I will do without first.

Which is why I don't own much...:)

Edit...the one I shot was 9mm. Just thought about that.

While I agree for the most part with your statement I do believe there are good quality firearms for decent deal. While I would never trust my life to a hi point pistol my carbine has had several hundred rounds through it, both clean and filthy without a single malfunction. I have yet to meet someone with a high priced JRC carbine that can say the same thing and mine cost significantly less.

Yea Ive had one of the 9mm models and it was ok. Didn't really have any issues with it other than the mags. Only reason I ask is a fella has a 45acp model an looks to be cheap enough, so thought about springing on it. Just didn't know if anyone had any real world experience with the 45acp model. Don't really see to many of those.

My 9mm carbine has ran great. I think the reason the 45 model is not as popular is the price of ammo over the 9mm. A buddy of mine shot one in 45 and said it had no issues either.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I want a 45 carbine. I suspect there will be an explosion of demand for them, because there has been an explosion of demand for the 1911's, so everyone has the ammo. And, if you are buying a carbine sized weapon, you don't need the low recoil of the little 9mm cartridge. At least that is my logic.

I predict the next major winner to dominate the gun market will be a 45acp bullpup carbine...and I WANT ONE! It just needs to cost under $700.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I want a 45 carbine. I suspect there will be an explosion of demand for them, because there has been an explosion of demand for the 1911's, so everyone has the ammo. And, if you are buying a carbine sized weapon, you don't need the low recoil of the little 9mm cartridge. At least that is my logic.

I predict the next major winner to dominate the gun market will be a 45acp bullpup carbine...and I WANT ONE! It just needs to cost under $700.

Ill have to say, that would be pretty sweet!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Generally, for what you pay, you get more than that in return. Hi Point does a better job with their firearms than they get credit for. JMHO.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Any of you guys ever ran any steel case ammo through them?

I owned a 4595 for awhile, bought it from an INGOer and traded it to another later. Mine ate steel, aluminum and of course brass
    w/o issue. Very mild mannered, soft spoken guns. More so even than the 9 or 40 carbines, and although I never ran up a high rd count in mine it never once had a jam or failure of any sort, with any ammo.

Top Bottom