High quality ankle holster for LCP 2 380 ACP?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hello!

I recently acquired a Ruger LCP 2 380 ACP as a backup gun / primary for concealment when I can't conceal properly a larger firearm.

Having never had a firearm this small before and having never ankle carried I'm not really "in the know" as to what's good or bad or what to look for in an ankle holster.

I have found a lot of holsters that are soft but I think that I'd rather something that's a bit more rigid - but then again - I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Open to any and all suggestions and advice!

Thanks!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said. Have one for my P365 which I believe is a bit heavier. Been in use for two years now sometimes 12 hours a day. Simply it gets the job done.
    I went ahead and ordered one along with the calf strap and the boot extender. I don't often wear boots - but it'll be nice when I do to still be able to ankle carry.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Totally the ankle glove. My experience was that it was a fine product, but feels really weird at first. Most new forms of carry do, so give yourself plenty of time to get used to it before you deem it too uncomfortable to work.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Totally the ankle glove. My experience was that it was a fine product, but feels really weird at first. Most new forms of carry do, so give yourself plenty of time to get used to it before you deem it too uncomfortable to work.
    I had that experience with several holsters when I was learning to carry in a new way. I do always try to give things enough time.

I need to make sure I take the time to practice drawing from an ankle holster as well.

Top Bottom